That's New

TW: There is mention of torture and instances of sexual assault in this chapter.

"Motherfucker!" Jade screamed as another jolt of electricity ran through her body.

She was leaned forward in a chair, bare chest resting almost on her thighs, and hands bound behind her back as the raven haired man who choked her the first day at the base burned her skin with a high voltage taser. She had been too defiant for her father's liking at her most recent session with the scientists who had been poking and prodding her. She wasn't sure what they had given her, but she was given a new injection each time she was fastened into the worn leather chair in their research area. With some she felt nothing, others made her nauseous and faint, but the worst of them made her entire body feel like it was burning from the inside out.

Jade didn't know how long she had been there. The days had bled together. She was beaten almost daily, had been chained from the ceiling and her back cut with a knife, waterboarded, put through sleep deprivation, and stabbed. They had tried breaking her in so many different ways that she honestly couldn't remember them all. Her body was covered in bruises, scars, and cuts. The asshole currently electrocuting her was always the one to volunteer as her torturer. She didn't know his name, so she just called him dickface. He didn't seem to like it too much. She's pretty sure he had cracked one of her ribs and fractured her cheekbone when he beat the shit out of her after the first time she had called him that.

He enjoyed torturing her. She could see it written all over his face. With each scream the twinkle in his eyes grew brighter and his twisted smile grew bigger. She could hear him chuckling behind her as he pressed the taser harshly into her back and held it tight against her. Her body convulsed and a scream tore from her haggard body.

Focus, Jade. Focus on him.

Jade squeezed her eyes tight and let herself drift from the dimly lit room. When her brain refocused, she was in her room at the compound. Bucky was beside her, giving her the adorable lopsided grin that made her heart melt. His arms wrapped around her and his body filled hers with warmth. She felt protected, safe. As if nothing in this horrible, evil world could touch her. The pain radiating from her back dulled and her screams silenced.

Dickface wasn't happy that his torture wasn't working any more. He held the taser against her back longer each time he pressed it into her abused skin. Jade's cries had faded to small grunts and a smile crept over her face. He threw the taser on the floor and watched it break apart. His hand wove into her hair and pulled her body back towards him. He craned her head back so far that she thought her neck might break, but she still wore a smile. Anger flashed across the man's angular features and he unsheathed a knife from his hip. He rested the blade between her breasts and pressed down just enough to break the skin. A thin red line appeared over her sternum.

"What a shame. Such a beautiful body." His menacing voice ran through her and made her shiver.

He dropped his grip from her hair and reached around to roughly palm one of her breasts and drag the knife down a fraction.

"He's going to come for me and when he does, I'm going to have him kill you slowly." Jade said, shrinking back into the chair, trying to get his hand off of her.

She knew Bucky well enough to know that, even though she told him not too, he would find her and bring her home.

"He isn't coming for you. If by some miracle he does find you, do you really think he'll want you after seeing the bruises and scars I've left all over your body?" His hand tightened on her breast and he dropped his head to her neck, biting down hard on her shoulder and undoubtedly leaving teeth marks behind.

"He loves me." Jade whispered out.

"If he loves you so much, then where the fuck is he? We've been monitoring the surrounding areas for weeks and there hasn't been any sign that they've found you. Face it, he's forgotten about you."