Tricks

One month later

Jade had been training with Wanda along with resuming her training schedule that she had prior to being taken. She had gotten stronger, more agile, and had more control over her powers. She was feeling more confident than she had in a long time. So confident, in fact, that she had allowed Bucky to join her in today's training session with Wanda. He had been begging to come with her since she started, but she was afraid that something would go wrong. Wanda could at least shield herself, but Bucky would be defenseless.

Wanda and Jade were sparring while Bucky sat to the side watching Jade duck and dodge the orbs Wanda sent her way. She was currently holding a shield in front of her body while sending orbs of blue power at Wanda. Her concentration was locked on her friend even though the red head was trying to distract her anyway she could.

"I have one more distraction planned, Jade. Are you ready?"

"Hit me with your best shot, witchy woman." Jade smirked.

Wanda smirked back and concentrated a beam of red powers at Jade. She then turned her attention towards Bucky. Jade's smirk fell as her gaze flicked to Bucky.

"Wanda don't!" Jade yelled, but it was too late.

Wanda threw a ball of energy at Bucky which he avoided by rolling to the right.

"Are you trying to kill me?" Bucky screamed.

"It's just a little incentive for her to split her focus. Protect herself, while protecting someone she loves." Wanda tossed another energy ball at Bucky and he dropped to the ground.

"Wanda, stop! I'm not ready for this!" Jade pleaded.

"Yes, you are!" Wanda yelled back.

Wanda conjured another ball of power and took aim at Bucky again. Jade's focus wavered as she tried to hold her shield against Wanda's constant flow of power and create a new shield to protect Bucky. She took a deep breath and made eye contact with Bucky. If she didn't protect him, one of Wanda's blasts would eventually hit him. It wouldn't kill him, but it could injure him and Jade didn't want him hurt if she could protect him. Jade stretched her hand out towards Bucky and saw blue swirls begin to form in front of him. A scream erupted from her throat, forcing her power towards Bucky as Wanda released another glowing red orb at him.

Bucky's hands flew up in front of his face in anticipation of the blast, but nothing happened. As he lowered his hands, he saw a translucent blue disc floating in front of him. He looked over to see Jade holding a shield in front of not only him, but herself as well. She had done it. He smiled at her, but it faltered when she whipped her head back to face Wanda.

"Jade!" Bucky called, but she had her sights set on Wanda. He started running towards Jade, afraid that she would lose control again, but her hand shot out in his direction and held him in place. He stood to the side of the field watching helplessly as the two continued sparring.

"Trust me, Bucky." Jade yelled to him.

Jade's eyes glowed navy as she let Bucky go. She angled her body to fully face Wanda and wormed her way into her mind. Wanda's eyes flashed blue and Jade knew she was fully in control of the witch. Bucky watched in amazement as Wanda's powers ceased and she stood mindlessly staring at Jade.

Jade dropped her shield and walked towards Wanda, circling behind her. When she reached the red head, Jade released her mind. Confusion swept over Wanda as she came back to her senses. She saw Bucky standing off to her right, but Jade was nowhere to be seen. She whipped around, coming face to face with a pissed off Jade.

"You should've left him out of it, Wands."

Jade smirked before punching Wanda in the abdomen. Wanda flew across the field and softened her landing with her powers. Jade began throwing an unrelenting barrage of blasts at Wanda. Inside, Jade knew that Wanda would never hurt Bucky, not intentionally. But he was Jade's weakness. She had spent the last three years taking care of him and falling deeper and deeper in love with him. He was her happy ending. After a lifetime of suffering and loss, she wasn't going to let anyone hurt him.