Chapter 15

"How has your girlfriend been doing recently?"

Damian's mind went blank for a second, not knowing what to say. Damian still has a girlfriend.

Seeing Damian's face, Luke sighed. He knew this idiot has forgotten his girlfriend. Thinking about her, Luke can only feel sad. after all she too was one of the victims of Sam's plan.

Her name is Gwen, and she is a very nice girl. The only problem was she was Damian's girlfriend. Sam hated her and always accused her of stealing his man. He spread rumors about her being a slut and a homewrecker.

But Luke knows that was not true at all. Sam wanted to put pressure on her so she would leave Damian. But Gwen was an extremely loyal person and still stick with Damian until she found out Damian's mate was Sam.

She was sad that her boyfriend was not her mate but still accepted her fate and was ready to withdraw from the relationship. The only problem was Damian didn't want her to leave.

He hated Sam, and he wanted to marry her so he could get rid of him, so her parents forced Gwen to marry Damian. She always dreamed of finding a mate and spending the rest of her life with him. But Damian ruined all of that.

After marriage, Damian felt guilty about what he did to Sam so they barely had any intimate relationship. She was feeling lonely and desperate until she found her mate one day.

His mate was an alpha of the other pack who came to discuss some business with Damian after finding his mate was married. He was angry. But after Gwen's explanation, his anger turned to sadness. He wanted to kill Damian, but Gwen stopped him and promised she will divorce Damian and they both can start a new life.

But before she could find the right time, Sam arrived. Sam knew about Gwen and her mate, so he planned to expose them to Damian. He sent photos of them on their secret dates, but to his surprise Damian did nothing.

After that, he invited Damian when he was about to go into heat, and they both spent the night together.

After that, Sam acted innocent and wanted to leave the town so he won't be a bother between Damian and Gwen, but Damian stopped him and said he will leave Gwen so he can be with him.

Damian proposed divorce and Gwen agreed without hesitancy and left the country with her mate to live far away. She also never spoke to her parents, who selfishly sacrificed her life for their profit and lived until she was old happily with her mate.

Luke knew she was a good person and wanted to also help her from her fate so she can avoid the tragedy and directly marry her mate. But for now, he can use the excuse to draw a line between Damian and him.

Damian still didn't respond to Luke's question. His body was stiff as tried to process what Luke said just now. He completely forgot about Gwen. it's been a while since she went to a foreign country to meet her grandparents and still hadn't come home.

She left a week before Damian started to have feelings for Luke, but since he saw Luke, he didn't think about anything other than him. Gwen rarely calls him since they have been in a relationship.

In fact, the reason he agreed to be Gwen's boyfriend is that she is very less clingy and gives him his space. Now Luke brought her name up. He realized he is in a relationship with someone and that is not Luke.

Even thinking about it makes him disgusted, he has to break up with her so he can be with Luke. He looked at Luke, who was awaiting his answer, and another thought came to his mind.

Why is Luke suddenly asked about Gwen? Does that mean he knows he has a girlfriend and saying he shouldn't with Luke?. No! Just thinking Luke might reject him makes him angry.

If Luke doesn't want him, then he will lock him up so he can't leave him. The thoughts that were buried deeply in Damian's mind started surfacing.

Looking at Damian's expressions, Luke knew he probably should have handled it more carefully.

For the rest of the dinner, they both ate silently and didn't talk with each other at all. It was awkward, and Damian was feeling very agitated about the whole situation.

When he had planned this evening, he didn't imagine it would go like this. He thought he could just confess to Luke and hopefully Luke will at least say they can give it a try. But instead, everything fell apart.

After the dinner, Damian drove Luke to his home. Luke was feeling kind of guilty about how he approached the problem but he knew that was the right thing to do.

Irrespective of whether Damian will be with Sam or not, he can't be with himself. He doesn't want to be in a relationship and, more importantly, not in this book world where he has to leave.

After reaching his home, Luke said bye to Damian who in turn just mumbled a weak good night. Luke sighed and left he hopes he can still be friends with Damian after this.

Luke went inside and saw Kevin was waiting for him and seemed to want to talk, but Luke just said good night and went to his room. He was exhausted and wanted to rest a little.

Damian, who was still outside of Luke's home, picked up his phone and dialed a number. After a while, a female voice greeted him.

"Gwen, I need to talk to you."