Chapter 19

Damian took his seat nervously as his dad said he wanted to talk to him about Luke. What does his dad want to talk about? And what is in this box? Thoughts rushed into Damian's mind.

Seeing his son's curious eyes on the box, Matthew knew what his son was thinking. He opened the box slowly so that Damian can see what was inside.

The same stone Luke saw was quietly sitting in the box with blue light around it. Damian had never seen such a beautiful stone it was emitting blue light from it. Damian, who is also an alpha and strong, suddenly felt weak all over his body. His energy seemed to be sucked out of him.

Seeing Damian was making a painful expression, Matthew closed the box and Damian felt relief, and his energy seemed to be restored again.

"What was it? Dad." Damian couldn't help but ask. He never felt so powerless in his life like that. Is it the same stone Luke was talking about? If it is, Then Luke who is a human must have felt even more pain than him, right?

"Is it the same stone that you showed to Luke?", Damian asked. He felt angry at his father. If he who is an alpha can become so powerless, how can Luke can even bear such pain?

"I know you are angry but Luke was not hurt when I showed him the stone", before Damian can utter his dissatisfaction, his father clarified his concerns.

"How is it that possible if I had such trouble wouldn't Luke would be worse since he is a human?"

"Well, Luke is special, Damian", His father's tone suddenly became serious. Damian was confused and didn't understand what his father was saying.

"What do you mean?",

"You know what this stone is?",

Damian shook his head as a response when he heard about this stone from Luke. He thought about it a lot but never had he ever heard about anything like that from his dad.

He wanted to ask his dad about that later, but then Luke bought up Gwen and he went to meet Gwen so he could break off things with her and forgot about it.

"This stone is our gift from the moon goddess herself.", Matthew said in a serious tone. For a second Damian thought his father was joking but immediately dismissed this idea after seeing his father's face.

"What do you mean this is a gift from the moon goddess?", Damian knows his family is big devotees of the moon goddess and prays her every full moon to protect their pack and their family, but what does that have to do with the stone?

"Our ancestors gave this to us and to them by theirs." His father explained about how the moon goddess gave this stone and blessed them with her powers and gave them a gift and that is that their family will be the one where her child will marry into.

And he will restore the peace and build bring all happiness to their family. After listening to this, Damian had only one question, and that was,

"What does this have to do with Luke?", He doesn't care about all this magic and goddess, all he cares about is if Luke will be in any problem because of this.

Matthew laughed at his son's question. His son loves his mate more than he thought.

"Well, when you were born, the elders of our pack said you were born without a mate."

Damian was shocked to hear what his father said. His dad didn't seem to joke with him, but why didn't he tell him about this before.

Seeing his son's face, Matthew knew what his son was thinking, but he knew he couldn't tell his son such news before. After all, what father want's to see his son never having his true love in his life.

When Matthew found out about it, he was devastated and asked the elders if there was anything he can do so that his son can have a mate. To that the elders replied,

"Your son's mate doesn't exist in this world, but if the moon goddess wishes, she will bring his mate here".

The Elder told Matthew that the stone that was gifted to their family will tell them who Damian's mate will be.

So, that's why when Damian first said he found his mate and that is Luke, Matthew wanted to figure out if Luke was really his mate and as expected, Luke turned out to be Damian's mate.

After listening to his dad's long explanation, Damian was surprised and also felt relief as long as Luke is his mate and he can be with him he doesn't care about anything.

Finally, finding out why his dad talked to Luke alone and getting an affirmation that Luke was his mate, Damian stepped out of his dad's office, but as he turned the knob of the door, he suddenly had a question.

"Dad, when you meant my mate was not from this world, what did you mean?"

To that question, even Matthew had no answer. He too asked the exact question to the elders, but they didn't answer him and told him to have faith in the moon goddess.

Seeing his father shake his head, Damian went to his room in a daze. When he thought about it even though Luke was someone he saw since he was a kid as Kevin and he hang out, he never felt any attraction to him.

But just a few weeks ago he started to have feelings for Luke and he knew that Luke was definitely his mate, so what does that mean?

An absurd idea popped into his head. If  Luke is not from this world, Does that means he is from another world? So, Will Luke leave him and go to another world?