Chapter 26

James was searching for Sam, he already sent his men to surrounding areas to search for him when he received a call from Matthew who asked him to enquire about Dark rogues.

Although James is 25 years old and heard about dark rogues, he hasn't really known much other than the fact that they were bad and after their defeat, all packs signed a peace treaty.

So, he didn't know why the alpha wanted to suddenly know about them when finding Sam is an important mission. He didn't dare to ask alpha and followed the order.

After a few hours since James came back to the office where Damian and Matthew were surrounded by other people. James knew all of them were important officials from their pack.

After seeing him, all of their eyes were on James, although he was nervous. James briefed them about what he found.

Although the group was long been forgotten, James sent their pack of best intelligence gatherers and within very less time they brought very valuable information even James was shocked to learn.

He explained how after Freddy's death, all the members of the pack were either captured or escaped during the battle. Those who were captured were sentenced to death, and as for the ones that escaped, they disappeared from the face of the earth for a long time.

But, recently all of them started to form a group again and the leader of the group was Freddy's son Issac.

He was the strongest of the group and based on the descriptions of how he is in his wolf form, James confirmed it was Isaac who attacked them and rescued Sam.

"But, what is his relationship with Sam?" one of the officials asked.

"Well, I don't know what his relationship with Sam directly is, but" James paused,

"Sam's father is also a former member of the group and was executed after the defeat in the war"

The room became silent before Matthew cleared his throat. "So, are we expecting an attack?"

James shook his head, " We don't know that but since they entered our territory without permission"

"And took one of our prisoners after attacking us. We can view it as an attack. "

"Then, we will also attack them" Damian wanted to make sure Luke was safe and that won't happen until he knows Sam is dead for sure.

James, of course still was waiting for Matthew's order even though Damian will be the future Alpha but right now the commander is Matthew and he is the only one the listen to

All the eyes in the room were now on Matthew as they were eagerly waiting for what he will say.

"We shouldn't attack them." Before Matthew could say anything, another voice sounded in the room.

Luke was standing at the door, and Damian rushed to him. "Why are you not in bed?"

"We should talk to Sam before, I have something to discuss with him," Luke didn't respond to Damian and told Matthew.

"Who are you to come and interrupt us?", One of the officials said angrily for interpreting the alpha.

"he is my mate", Damian raised his voice, and the official who was about to continue to tell Luke shut his mouth immediately and was sweating.

"I am sorry, sir", he apologized. He didn't know the boy was Damian's mate if he knew he wouldn't open his mouth in a rush.

Matthew didn't look at the poor official whose legs were shaking with fear but concentrated on Luke.

"Don't you think they attack us, Luke" Matthew wanted to know why Luke thinks like that, not only because he wanted to respect and listen to Luke's opinion but also because Luke was the one who told Damian about the dark rogue pack.

He still didn't have a chance to talk about that with Luke and was hoping maybe he would now tell how he knew them.

"I am not saying they won't attack us, but I still think we should choose to resolve it peacefully"

"James, prepare everyone for war."

All, including Luke, were taken aback because of Matthew's order.

"Yes, sir", Since the alpha ordered he has to obey, thinking like this James took permission to leave and prepare the soldiers.

The officials wanted to protest and wanted him to think it through, but after seeing Matthew look at them, they couldn't utter a word.

If the alpha ordered them, then it is the final say. The officials can only support and also prepare a detailed plan for attack. Since they are going to war, they have to make sure they have a decent plan.

"You all go to the base and prepare everyone. I will join you in a short while", Matthew ordered the officials as they took there to leave and left one by one and saluted Damian.

They didn't forget to salute Luke and even congratulate Damian for finding his mate.

After all of them went, Matthew asked Luke and Damian to sit. Luke knew what Matthew was going to ask.

Luke knew Matthew wants to know why he didn't want war and his reason was only that he didn't want innocent lives to lose.

Luke thought Matthew was going to press on the matter more, but he didn't ask him anything else.

"I believe you, Luke, if you can't say the reason I can understand, you have a reason for it."

"I can't take any chance. , if we think about peace talks, then if they attack us we will lose a lot of lives."

"I know you are special but in this matter, I can't listen to you"

Matthew didn't say anymore and asked if Luke wanted to accompany them to the base where the generals will be present.

"Yeah, I want to come along."