𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 1. | 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘉𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴.

—————————————————————

Ayanokouji POV.

I still can't fathom that a day like this had finally come. I was outside by myself. In the real world, breathing fresh air and seeing new faces.

Today was the day I was enrolling into Japan's most advanced High School, The Advanced Nurturing High School. I'd be lying if I didn't say I felt excited, because I was actually... looking forward to it. I hoped I could live out the next three years in this school in peace. Without That Man bothering me.

I was currently riding on the official bus that picked up a few of the new first years, including me. Next to me was sat a black haired girl, possessing eyes so blue I could see the ocean within them, even though I could just barely see them from the corner of my eyes. She was cute.

I suddenly felt something drop near me and bump into my foot slightly. "Hm?" I narrowed my sight to see what it was. A book.

"Ah! I'm so sorry!" The girl besides me said in a slight panic whisper. I bent my back while sitting down and picked up the book, handing it over to her. "It's fine. Osamu Dazai huh?" I said to her.

"Oh, you know of him?" She questioned with surprise as she accepted the book back to her. "Yeah, I've read all of his books. They are all quite interesting."

"R-Really? I recently started this one." She said looking down towards the book. It was No Longer Human, one of his best works personally. "No Longer Human is a really good one. I hope you are enjoying it, tells you a lot of interesting stuff about life and humans."

"Yes, I already quite like it... Oh, my names Miyuki Shiba. It's nice to meet you." She smiled pleasantly as she introduced herself to me. "Nice to meet you Miyuki. I'm Kiyotaka Ayanokouji." Her smile made my heart skip a beat, it was truly something I've never seen before, so happy and pleasant.

The girl blushed a slight tint of red. "What's wrong?" I questioned her with a slightly raised eyebrow. "W-Well, I was just caught off guard with you using my first name." That was why? I never really understood why some people were embarrassed by that. "O-Oh. I'm sorry, I'd rather use Miyuki since I feel more comfortable with it. I'm sorry."

"No No. It's fine, I don't mind. Could I call you Kiyotaka then?" She questioned with a shy smile; I nodded. Shiba was a name I didn't want to really think about so I felt more comfortable with Miyuki. We spoke to each other for the rest of the bus ride, turns out she's also in my class. Class 1-E. This seemed to be going great so far, I already made a... friend? Probably better to say acquaintance since I don't know if she would actually consider me a friend already. Guess we'd have to see.

(( I'll just skip the rest of the bus scene. From here the whole Koenji thing happened the same way. ))

——————————————————————

Eventually, we arrived. Me and Miyuki got off the bus last since we were around the back of the vehicle. And there was that whole commotion that happened too.

"It seems we are finally here Kiy-"

"You!"

A voice shouted at us, as a black haired girl with a stern look on her face stared me dead in the eyes. She was a few feet away from me and Miyuki.

"You were staring at me on the bus. Why?" She questioned with the same stern expression. "Huh? Well, I guess I was just interested in the book you were reading. That's all." I replied, in a slightly confused tone. I did indeed glance at her a few times because she too like Miyuki was reading a book I had read.

There was a moment of silence before the girl spoke up again. "I see. Well, next time, don't stare so hard. It's creepy." She stated, soon after marching off past the school gates. Me and Miyuki stood there before looking at each other.

'What?'

We both said. What was that all about? I can't glance at people for a second on the bus? Society is strange out here I guess.

——————————————————————

Straight after whatever the fuck that was, me and Miyuki made our way through the school gates and to the opening ceremony. We ended up splitting there, saying we'd see each other in class.

The opening ceremony to put bluntly was... a snooze fest. I could see everyone around me struggling to stay awake, including even me. I felt joy within me when it was over, even if my expression hadn't changed. Now I was making my way through the first year school building corridors. Keeping an eye out for my class. It seemed most people were already in their classes too. The building was very well managed and clean. And big on top of that, however, this whole school was on it's private little island. The campus was huge either way.

Eventually, there it was. My class. Class 1-E. I stood in-front of the door, letting out a sigh or relief briefly. The class was silent compared to every other class I'd have passed by, strange

'Alright Kiyotaka, Enter like the Giga Chad you are and sit down normally.' 

I thought to myself, before abruptly sliding the door open.

——————————————————————

(( I dropped a chapter?!?!? Yep. I decided to just make a start right now since I really wanted to lmao. How was it? I hope you guys enjoyed it. Please feel free to ask or just say anything in the comments. I'll respond as soon as possible. ))

(( As of today, the journey begins, I'll try write and publish chapters as frequently as I can, no promises however. June would be the time I will be able to publish the most, so for now, I'll try my best. I'll most likely make chapter 2 today as well, so look forward to that. Next one will be longer too, probably. ))

Published: 24th April 2022

Word Count: 1038