Chapter 17

The fellowship was on a snowy mountain,clambering through rock and snow

The fellowship was on a snowy mountain,clambering through rock and snow. Y/N was walking with Merry , Pippin and Legolas , Gandalf was leading the group and behind them were Boromir, Aragorn and Frodo. Out of nowhere Frodo slipped on a rock and fell face-first into the snow. Aragorn was quick to help him out, but as Frodo scrambled to his feet he noticed that the necklace with the ring he wore wasnt around his neck.

The chain was not far from Frodo but Boromir then picked it up. The chain was dangling before his eyes. He was just standing there ,looking at it as if absorbing its power. Y/N put her arm around Merry and Pippin and pushed them behind her , this didnt go unnoticed by Legolas and he tried to hide back a smile in Y/N' s attempt to keep the hobbits safe.

"Boromir?" Aragorn said while slowly approaching the man who was still holding the chain in his hand.

"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over such a small thing...such a little thing" Boromir said

"Boromir..give the ring to Frodo" Aragorn quitely said to Boromir

Suddenly Boromir snapped out of his trance and gave the ring back to Frodo.

"If you wish, i care not" Boromir said while ruffling Frodos hair and trying to laugh it off.

Y/N and Legolas looked at each other confused and the interaction that just happened but quickly after that the fellow ship continued their journey.

-

The fellowship was struggling through a blinding blizzard, expect Legolas, who was swiftly moving across the snow and suddenly stopped.

Boromir and Aragorn were helping the hobbits through the snow, and Y/N was struggling behind them, even tho everyone offered her help, she declined being stubborn and claiming that she doesnt need help.

"There is a fell voice in the air!" Legolas yelled urgently

"Its Saruman" Gandalf said

Thunder rumbled , snow was falling down even heavier than a moment before.

"Hes trying to bring down the mountain! Gandalf! We must turn back!" Aragorn yelled

"No!" Gandalf yelled back , then he raised his staff and started chanting into the wind.

"Losto Caradhras ,sedho, hodo, nuitho I ruith.Sleep Caradhras, be still , lie still , hold your wrath."

Saruman's voice strengthens rolling past the fellowship like thunder. A lighting crack explodes on the mountain side above them. Y/N looks up and sees a huge snow avalanche thundering down towards them. Everyone throws them selves against the cliff face as snow crashes onto the narrow ledge. Y/N was struggling beneath the snow but suddenly someone pulled her up. It was Legolas.Y/N looked at him, her cheeks heating up and she was sure she looked like a cherry now.

"Thank you" Y/N said smiling at Legolas

"No problem cherry" Legolas said while smiling back at her.

He picked her up and carried her away from the snow.Aragorn and Boromir were helping the hobbits who were shivering and fearfull.Gandalf got up from the snow while looking around making sure everyone was there

"We must get off the mountain! Make way for the Gap of Rohan and take the west road to my city!" Boromir yelled

"The Gap of Rohan takes us too close to Isengard!" Aragorn yelled back

"We cannot pass over the mountain, so let us go under it.Let us go through the Mines of Moria." Gimli said

But Gandalf had a worried look on his face