Chapter 19

"Its a riddle

"Its a riddle." Frodo said as Gandalf raised his eyebrows

"Speak friend and enter, whats the elvish word for friend?" Frodo asked

"Oh,mellon" Gandalf said and with that the two great doors swings outwards revealing a blackness deeper than the night.The fellowship got up and entered the blackness.

"So master elf ,you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the dwarves, roaring fires,malt beer, red meat of the bone.This my friend is the house of my cousin Balin...and they call it a mine!" Gimli said as Y/N smirked because Gimli called Legolas "a friend"

Gandalfs sticks lights up and reveals many dwarf skeletons are strewn about , clearly the dead of some battle , the rusting armor and shields are peppered with axes and arrows.

"This is no mine, its a tomb!" Boromir yelled

"Oh, no,no ,no,no!" Gimli yelled in horror of the sight seeing all the skeletons.

Legolas pulled out an arrow out of a skeleton and yelled "Goblins!"

The fellowship drew out their swords and backed away towards the entrance "We make for the Gap of Rohan.We should have never come here."

Suddenly Frodo is pulled to the ground and a large sinonus tentacle is wrapped around his ankle and is dragging him towards the lake. Frodo cried out as Aragorn , Boromir and Y/N rushed out and into the water to get Frodo down to the safety. 20 more tentacles ripple out of the lake and Y/N feels something wrap around her ankle and suddenly shes in the air , her sword flying out of her hand as the creature started swinging her. Aragorn and Boromir were still trying to fight off the creature. Legolas saw Y/N being held by the tentacle and quickly shot the tentacle where he was holding Y/N . The creature screeched in pain and Y/N was sent flying right into Legolas's arms.

"Thanks" Y/N said and before Legolas could reply she was already out of his arms searching for her sword.Luckily it was lying next to a rock and she grabbed it. She saw that Frodo was safe and let out a sigh of relief , which didnt last long because soon enough the tentacle got him again.Frodo was pulled in the air as the fellowship battled the creature. Aragorn hacks a tentacle and Frodo is released , falling into Boromirs arms.

"Into the mines!" Gandalf yelled

"Legolas!" Boromir yelled and Legolas shot an arrow into the creatures head giving Aragorn and Boromir a minute to run out of the water with Frodo. The fellowship hurried into the mines and with a shattering echo, the creature rips the doors away creating a rock to fall against the cliff's face. Within seconds more rocks fall and seal the doorway , throwing the fellowship into pitch darkness. A faint light rises from Gandalfs staff , the light glowing on the old wizards face

"We now have one choice,we must face the long dark of Moria.Be on your guard.. there are older and fouler things than the Orcs in the deep places of the world" Gandalf said