Chapter 18

It was Frodo who decided where the fellowship will go, the Gap of Rohan or through the Mines of Moria

"Frodo" Gandalf question Frodo

"We will go to through to the mines" Frodo said while Gandalf slowly nodded

"So be it"

......

The group was close to the gate of Moria, walking along the far shore of dark lake.Y/N looked at the fellowship and everyone looked exhausted especially the hobbits.Y/N was sure she looked horrible right now if only she could be in her room again getting ready to go out with her friends.

"Hello" a voice sounded next to Y/N. She quickly turned around but it was only Legolas.

"Oh im sorry,i didnt mean to startle you" Legolas said while Y/N chuckled in embarrassment

"Its fine, im just really exhausted after traveling" Y/N said

"Do you think that we will finish this journey? Everyone safe, healthy, alive" Legolas asked Y/N while looking down at her

"Of course , you should always have hope for anything" Y/N said looking at Legolas as he chuckled getting deja vu, she didn't realize how close she was to Legolas.She also would never admit it but she has been catching feelings for him.

"The walls of Moria!" Gimli yelled causing Legolas and Y/N to look away from each other to Gimli.

Everyone stopped walking as Gandalf touched a smooth rock wall, slowly a faint line appeared like slender veins of luminous silver running through the stone.

"Itidin, it mirrors only starlight and moonlight" said Gandalf

A large moon raised over the mountain.The lines grew broader and cleaner , forming a glowing arch of interlacing ancient letters and symbols.

"It reads, "The door of Durin.Lord of Moria. Speak, friend and enter" Gandalf read off of the walls

"What do you suppose that means?" Merry asked

"Well its quite simple.If you are a friend,speak the password and the doors will open." Gandalf said as he raised his staff

"Annon edhellen, edro hi ammen" Gandalf yelled

The door didnt open so the fellowship sat down while Gandalf figured something out.

-

An hour or two passed, Y/N couldnt keep up with the time especially the year it was pretty confusing.Gandalf was now mumbling spells in attempt to open the gate.

Y/N was watching Sam who was crying about having to leave Billy , while Aragorn stood next to him in an attempt to comfort him.Merry and Pippin were just being Merry and Pippin. Throwing stones into the water.

"How was your life at home?" a  voice said beside Y/N

"Hm?" Y/N said. Legolas obviously didnt know where she actually was from so she had to start lying, something she didnt want to do to him.
"Well , it was just a normal life y'know?I grew up playing in the forest with animals and my dad while my mum would read books and do other stuff. What about you?" Y/N said quickly trying to change the topic.

"Well since i grew up in Mirkwood, i used to be outside a lot, i loved nature and still do , i also loved practicing archery with my father and my friends" Legolas said smiling at the old memories

Legolas and Y/N just chatted about each other lives while Gandalf was still trying to figure out how to open the gate to the Mines of Moria.