Dinner

I rush back through the gates of Hogwarts, Hermione waiting patiently on me. I guess she never went to her next class. But to be fair, neither did I. It wasn't an important one anyways. 

Draco had slithered away from Hagrid's before I did, so Pansy had left Hermione alone just before I arrived. 

"What in the world?" My sister exclaimed as we began our trek down the hall. "Why on Earth would Malfoy single you out like that? What kind of Slytherin madness is going on here?" 

"He thought I was playing a prank on him for some reason, which now that I think about it sounds like a great idea." I laugh it off, but Hermione wants more information. "I don't know. I wasn't messing with him, he just always feels as if everyone in the world is against him."

"But almost everyone is!" Hermione states. "He is a bully that has few friends and probably no one he can truly trust, so he was offended that you singled him out in Potions." 

She said that almost everyone is against him, but I wasn't. I knew he was a bully, but I felt different towards him. I had never been scared of him like a lot of the students. He hardly ever got under my skin when he tried, so he wasn't my bully. I never considered other people's perspective of him; and how HE must feel. He must feel so alone not having anyone around to back him up. Well, other than Pansy. But she was useless anyways. 

"I didn't mean to single him out. He just assumed I was." I was getting irritated with the conversation now, and I did not want to say things that I may regret. "I am going to try and make it to my next class. I'll see you later." I scurry away from her as fast as I could. Except I was actually headed back to the common room, not my next class, so I hope she didn't plan on following me. 

I made it to the stone walls of the dungeons, where the Slytherin common room was. I studied my surroundings. It didn't seem like anyone had been following me. "Pure blood." I chant, allowing the walls to open up to the common room.

I finally made it up to the door to my room and I open it. "Shit." I muttered. Iris was laying on her bed, across from mine. She looked up at me as if she were not expecting company. Now that she's here I can't sit here alone with my thoughts as I had planned. Hesitantly as to not look suspicious, I proceeded through the door anyways. 

"What's going on?" She must've seen the stricken look on my face that I didn't realize I had put on. 

I take off my robe so I could sit more comfortably in my bed. "Nothing. I just skipped class. Did you skip, too?" 

She nodded. Nothing else was said for a moment. I use the unlocking charm to unlock the drawer I had hidden my chocolate frogs in, and take one out. Just one, and locked it back up. 

As I inhale a mouthful of chocolate, Iris added: "I heard Pansy griping that you and Draco are having a thing. I'm not sure if that's good or bad." Oh wow, things spread fast around here. I shrug to her statement, as I take another bite. "Well, you tell me."

"That damn rumor spreading dog." I just had to give Pansy another insult. "Nothing is going on. And I don't know why she is even attempting to share anything when there is nothing to share. Draco just never lets his guard down and thinks I was messing with him somehow. And I still don't fully understand what his deal is." She seemed intrigued, but I assured her that there was nothing else I could tell her. "We just had a little spat and that was the end of it. Ya know, like he does with everyone else... And for pug-face. You know she is just finding something to be jealous about. Probably the fact that Draco was talking to ME for a moment today instead of her." I snicker.

She nodded, and then got back to reading whatever book she had gotten from the library. Maybe she believed me that there was nothing between us. If she didn't, she probably would have tried to pry more information out of me.