Talented

"Are you and Malfoy together?" She asked. She seemed very forceful with that question. It caught me off guard.

"Excuse me? Of course not."

"Hm. Okay then." She pondered a moment. I knew she had something else to say, but wouldn't spit it out. "Then why have you and him been together so much recently?" What was she talking about?

"I really don't know what you mean." We haven't been together THAT much.

She sighed. "I hated that I've kept this from you, but I've seen that you two have been together a few times." She saw? Oh shit I hope she didn't actually see us. "I've been using Harry's map. Marauder's Map. I've seen you two together a few times on there.. alone."

"Why were you spying on me?" I can feel myself getting defensive now.

"I wasn't initially spying on you. Harry has been watching Malfoy on there. He says he's been acting funny and wants to know what he's up to." So Harry also thinks something is up with Draco. I'm glad I'm not the only one. "And one night I was with the boys and he said he saw Draco in the library, and you were headed that way too. So I went there and that's where I found you."

"It was a mistake that I found Draco in there. I heard someone in the library and went in. That's all." I stood my ground.

"Anyways.." She continued. "Harry says he's been in the astronomy tower a lot recently, and that he saw that you were there one time too."

One time. Which time? "He wanted to talk to me without Pansy in the way." I slyly stated.

"About what?"

"It doesn't matter what it was about. It was personal." I stammered. She didn't need to know that I've seen his soft side. Or that we've kissed on multiple occasions.

"Hm." She continued. "Last thing. Harry has seen him walking before, and then disappearing. Do you know anything about that?"

I gave her a puzzled expression. "No. I have no idea what that means."

"I think he could be going to the Room of Requirement, but there's no way of knowing unless we were to follow him."

"Oh, right. I suppose that would make sense."

"What could he be doing in there?"

"Maybe he just needs to get away. Who knows." I shrug.

"Well.. if you'd like to help us figure it out let me know. Until then, I'm not sure what's going on between you two, but I would stay away from him. You know how he is. He's not good for you, or for anyone." And with that last word she was gone through the doors.

But the thing is, I did know how he was. Or at least how he could be. I've seen his vulnerable side. He bullies just to fit in. He does care for me. I know he does. I know him better than she does.

~~~

It was the day of the talent show. It came up pretty fast, but I had been practicing on the piano on the 5th floor in my spare time. No one seemed to be using it. I couldn't wait to share one of my hidden passions with Hogwarts. All I could do was hope that Draco liked it.

We held the talent show after dinner on a Friday. Some students left after dinner to go back to their dorms, but most stayed, Draco included.

Some students taught their pet cat some cool tricks. Others just wanted to show off some of their wand skills and cast some interesting spells that may not be seen all the time. Pansy went up to the podium to sing. She was wearing this gaudy green dress that did not flatter her. Eh, was there anything that really flattered her anyways? I didn't know what the hell she was singing, but props to her for thinking she sounded good because she probably just embarrassed herself in front of Draco.