I've Been Chosen

A.N. This scene is quite clearly based off of one of the most important scenes in the entire series. It is all J.K. Rowling's work, and I am just adding my POV from my OC. This scene falls into my plot, or else I would not be rewriting someone else's work. Please keep that in mind, as this scene is based off of her work, and I am rewriting the perspective to fit my story. Thanks.

~~~

Harry was practically carrying Dumbledore from wherever they had appeared from, and let him seat himself on the cold floor of the tower. Harry was mumbling something to him about Madam Pomfrey. One of them must have been hurt. Where had they just come from? I move closer to them, almost into their sight. "Severus.. Tell Severus." I hear Dumbledore heave, but I could not make out anything else. I ease into their view.

"What's going on?" I ask.

They whipped their heads around to face me. "Granger." Dumbledore acknowledges me with a heavy breath. 

Harry leaves Dumbledore's side, and begins to back towards the staircase. 

"What is going on?" I repeat, now concerned as to why the most powerful wizard I knew and the Harry Potter were so frightened. 

"It's nothing. Everything will be alright. Just go, both of you." Dumbledore ordered us. I was hesitant, but began to follow in Harry's direction. A clanging from below stopped us both from continuing. Someone was coming up the stairs. "Listen, both of you hide below." Dumbledore pleads to us. "It is imperative that you both stay below, no matter what happens." He flashed his eyes between the both of us. "Trust me." He had said those words to me before, and I had trusted him. It led me right to Draco. So I knew to trust his words again this time. 

Harry reached for my hand and led me to the level below. Once we made it there, the sound of footsteps progressed up the stairwell. We quietly inched forward together, peering through the grates in the floor above us to see who it could be. We spot Dumbledore, and knew he saw someone above us that we couldn't quite make out yet. 

The tower fell silent. The next sound I heard was Dumbledore's broken voice saying, "Good evening, Draco." My heart skipped. Did I hear him correctly? Was Draco really up there? Is this where he had rushed to be? But how did I beat him here?

So many questions ran through my mind, but I was too startled by the sound of his name to answer them myself. 

"What brings you here this evening?" Dumbledore continued.

"Who else is here? I heard you talking." That was most definitely Draco's voice.

"I've been talking to myself." Dumbledore answered. I eased myself forward, to view the side of Dumbledore's silhouette. I watch as Draco's silhouette comes into view, his wand pointed directly at Dumbledore. What the fuck was Draco doing?

"Draco, you are not an assassin." Dumbledore was rather calm, calmer than I would be in this situation. 

"How do you know what I am?" Draco exclaimed with a crack in his voice. I wanted to call out to him, and agree with Dumbledore, but I knew I couldn't. "I've done things that would shock you." What kind of things, I wondered? Did I know about them? Has he really killed before? My heart was racing, as this was my own boyfriend threatening my Headmaster, our Headmaster, and there was nothing I could do at the moment. Harry and I shared a silent look of confusion, and kept watching from below. 

"Like cursing Katie Bell, in hopes that the cursed necklace would get to me." Dumbledore responded. "Like trying to poison me by replacing a bottle of mead. Forgive me, but I can't help but feel that these actions are weak, and your heart couldn't really be in them."