Chapter 4

"Ok listen up." Kuea's professor started after their lesson. "Since this will be your last year, that is if all of you will pass..." the students groaned, "... as part of the University tradition during our sports festival, your course - Automotive Engineering, will be paired up to a different course. With that being said to balance the number of students it was decided that it will be the Computer Engineering department. The list of your groupmates will be posted in our bulletin boards so make sure you check them beforehand. The day after tomorrow we try to will make time and meet the students from CE department ..." after a few more reminders their professor left the room.

"Computer Engineering huh." Kuea wondered.

"So you get to meet your old buddies then, Nuer?" Ton whispered.

"I guess so. It can't be helped. And those guys are nice so I think this event will be fun."

"Hmmm... if you say so. Though I wonder what sports we get to do?"

"Isn't it the same as last year?" Jab said.

"Probably... but anyway, since this will be our final big event before we finalized all of our projects let's just enjoy them." Nuchy responded.

"I just hope that during the sports festival no one will get hurt." hoped Sin already praying.

"Amen." the others replied.

"I don't want to do the sports festival. Though I want to check out the food booths we'll have. Food stalls are the best after all." Diao pouted while they are having their lunch. His friends just laughed at him from his cute antics.

"So what department were you guys with?" asked Nuchy.

"Business Management."

The others made an "Ohh" expression.

"Let's just enjoy this event Diao. This will be our final year." Kuea cheered up his friend.

"Yeah. Sporty or not, all we gotta do is enjoy and participate on this event." Sin supported.

Taking a deep breath and composing himself Diao nodded with conviction. "Ok! Fighting!" and they all laughed.

"Kirin! What a surprise? It's not our appointed day for your appearance isn't it? Did I get the date wrong?" Jay asked in surprised.

"Oh, we just came here to unwind. I'm with my friends. I came to say hello, although I don't mind doing a performance tonight as well."

"Won't Lian be angry?"

"Oh, no no... Hia Lian will be coming over here too. I think he won't mind it either if Kirin performs tonight." Kuea smiled.

"Great! Then let me squeeze you in the schedule today. Go back to your friends, I'll let you know in a bit." Jay enthusiastically said.

Once he returned to their table his friends are now ordering their drinks. He opted to get a glass of fruit punch since he'll be performing. 

It is a relaxing night. The performing band were good and his friends are all laughing with Ton sharing some funny stories when his phone vibrated. Hia Lian texted him 'On my way now.' . Smiling he replied 'Ok. Don't rush please. Have a safe drive.'  ending his text message with a heart. 

After a while, the next performer then started which made Diao and Kuae look at each other then on the stage.

That voice...

He continued listening and tried to make out the face of the singer behind all the blinding lights on stage.

Lucas?

"Why the face Kuea? Diao?" Ton asked. Now all of their friends are looking at them.

Sin looked at the stage and asked, "Do you know him?"

The two awkwardly nodded and continued listening on. 

"Really? Then introduce him to us after his performance." Ton urged with a smile.

"He has a good voice." Nuchy said.

He does. Kuea continued his thoughts. Why is he here though?

After his performance the audience gave a loud applause who clearly had enjoyed his stage.

His eyes followed Lucas and was shocked to see that Jay gave him a brotherly hug. Congratulating him and was impressed with his performance.

Again Kuae and Diao looked at each other questioningly.

What just happened? 

And while Lucas was almost done with his performance, it was in that moment Lian and Yi arrived also witnessing what transpired.

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

TGIF Cutie Pie babies!

Also listening to Cutie Pie song playlist while doing this chapter :)

Have a great weekend! ♥