Chapter 17

Lucas felt ashamed. Feeling his chest constrict and in pain.

"H-How... How can you be this nice to me Kuea? Diao too?" he sniffed. "After that... h-happened. W-Why?"

"I... I s-shouldn't have done that to you guys... I'm really sorry."

Kuea looked helplessly at the crying Lucas, who seemed to be crying an endless shed of suppressed tears. He also feels sad at seeing him like this, now feeling empathy and understanding at the same time.

"Lucas."

Lucas continued to wipe his face and look elsewhere. Then he felt a hand tapping his shoulder in comfort.

"It's because you were, are, my friend. Diao too. That's why we tried to talk to you after what happened, that's why we are trying to leave all those behind and is now trying to move forward... hopefully with you too. We're just actually waiting for you to open up, to talk to us... Since then we are always here. Lucas we are here for you inspite of everything." Kuea gave a warm smile when Lucas looked back at him, shocked and with another batch of tears threatening to fall.

"Kuea." Lucas uttered tearfully.

"Ahhhh! There they are!" they heard Ton behind them and some footsteps followed suit.

"Oh no! Kuea why did you make Lucas cry!" Nuchy scolded, Sin looking at him accusingly.

"Ahh... No, no. You got it all wrong."

"Come now Lucas, tell brother Nuer what did Master Kuea do to you."

"Com'on guys! I did nothing. Right Lucas?"

"Come here you little..." Jab and Ton playfully smack their friend which elicited a laughter from the others, Lucas chuckling as they continue their playful argument.

Thank you, Kuea.

That afternoon Lucas ask Kuea to go with him as he talk it out with Diao. The two made a crying mess afterwards. Kuea can't seem to choose if he will laugh at their comically tear stained face or will he cry beside them. It was a good thing they were seated in the far corner of the café they went to.

 Kuea smiled knowing that this is a good start in reforming their lost friendship, or so Kuea thinks otherwise, as their friendship is still sailing but just got a bit lost? stranded? because of some issue. 

Nonetheless, this is a good sign. He gave a relieved sigh as he try to comfort his two friends. They finally had an understanding, thankfully.

Feeling tired all of a sudden when he returned home, once he saw his Hia sitting comfortably on the couch reading a magazine, probably about business, he went for a hug startling the other.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong... just tired."

Lian did not say anything and just gave a comforting rub on his back, giving a peck on his head. "You've done well."

He actually knows that Hia Lian placed some bodyguards around him, they are that obvious when they tail him making him stifle a laugh as he thought of a time when those guys tried to hide from him and one of them had stumbled and fell on his face. Thus he concluded that Hia definitely knows about what had just happened. Kuea just never bothered to talk it out with him because he knows his lover is worried and for that he truly is grateful, always.

"Hia..." Lian hummed. "It's definitely nice to have friends. We may fall apart but it can be mended since the connection that we already have will never be broken." Hia Lian hummed in response again and gave him a kiss when he look up for a moment giving each other a smile.

♡  ♥ ♡ ♥

So what do you guys think of the consecutive updates? :)

Again, many thanks for all the reads, votes, comments and adding this book on your reading list/library. My heart is full just seeing you guys checking this book out and giving a bit of your time to read it.

Vielen Dank! ପ(๑•ᴗ•๑)ଓ ♡