Chapter 20

Kuea immediately went to his private house when he received an unreadable message from his friend Diao (it was typed with a lot of typo/grammatical errors) and followed by a much clearer message sent by Lucas.

And what he saw when he arrived was an already drunk Diao with Lucas grabbing the bottle of whiskey from their friend trying to stop him from drinking more.

"What the hell happened here?!" he exclaimed.

"Kuea! My bestie! Come here join us!" his drunk friend invited him over and almost spilling the liquid from his raised glass.

Whatever was happening right now felt like Déjà vu to him. What happened? He raised his eyebrow towards Lucas silently asking some needed answer.

"So you see..."

Lucas narrated what happened that afternoon. From him and Diao meeting at the University gate to what they saw when they arrived in Hia Yi's office.

"What!?" he whispered yell as their friend who is already dozing off, head place on the table, flinched from the noise.

"It's true. And I think it was not the first time that Diao saw Hia Yi with that lady from what he keeps on mumbling a while ago about hugging and all."

Hugging? Hia Yi with a woman? Kuea is skeptical but with what lead to his friend downing in a lot of alcohol it is not impossible. Still...

"Hia Yi... you... cheater..." they heard Diao mumbled.

Heaving a deep sigh he went to his room and grabbed some pillows and blankets for his friends. When they are already settled, he texted Hia Lian if he could inform Hia Yi that Diao is with him and having a sleep over at the Dragons lair and him wishing his lover goodnight and not to miss him too much.

The next morning Diao woke up with a headache, almost stumbling down when his leg kicked a sleeping Lucas on the carpeted floor – who grunted in response, and went to the kitchen. He saw Kuea already awake and preparing breakfast.

"Morning my drunkard friend."

He scowled at his friend - who is definitely teasing him, and continued to massage his temple as he silently grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

"So I heard from Lucas." that made him stop midway from drinking but continued. He gulped his mouthful of water and looked at Kuea.

"It's as he said. Hia Yi seems to be cheating on me."

"Have you tried talking to him?"

"I did..." wait, I didn't?... since I became a coward at the last minute and didn't want to hear the truth once I asked him about it.

"You didn't did you?" his friend inquired again.

Sighing. "So what? Seeing is believing isn't it?"

At that time Lucas had already followed them in the kitchen - sitting beside him, and now listening at their conversation while eating an apple.

"That may hold some truth, yes. But it would have been much better to hear it from the person involve, right?" Kuea nudge his shoulder softly. "And I know that Hia Yi is inlove with you, with much severity if I might add. So talk to him. He keeps on calling both our phones last night you know, I just didn't pick it up, put them on silent mode so I could sleep."

He just stayed silent and look towards the window - thinking to himself what he'll do next.

That afternoon, during their free time, Kuea and his friends are chatting away while sitting on the school benches when Diao arrived and greeted them.

However all of them looked at their friend in shock.

"Hi guys!" Diao greeted.

"D-Diao?!" Kuea can't help but exclaimed questioningly because his friend looks just like his alter ego when he was still hiding Kirin. Wearing dark clothes with matching dark eyeliners and all.

"Yes, the one and only." he answered with a grin on his face.

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

Cue Music! 

Now playing: 

Tomboy – G-Idle  ♫♪♪♫♪