Chapter 27

Where am I?

Kuea looked at his surroundings and all he can see is white.

He tried to remember the last thing that had happened and he sadly smiled.

Did I die afterall?

I hope Hia is not crying too much.

At the thought he felt his heart clench.

They finally got together after all those misunderstandings, living together happily and will be getting married after he graduated...

And now he is...

What a cruel thing to happen.

With trembling lips a tear fell from his eye.

"Kuea."

He raised his head, startled, and looked at the owner of the voice.

He knew that voice!

"Grandpa?!"

Smiling he ran to his grandfather who has his arms open and ready for a hug.

"I missed you so much grandpa."

"I missed you too, my dear."

The tears he had continue to fall. "So I'm really dead aren't I?"

His grandfather separated from him a little and wiped his tears. "This is not yet the afterlife Kuea."

"It isn't?" he asked, confused.

The old man nodded and led him to a bench that came out of nowhere and they sat down.

"This is the in between."

The in between. He thought and to his surprise the scenery changed. He was at awe. They are now sitting on a bench in the middle of a beautiful meadow.

He then felt his grandfather stroking their clasped hand and looked at him lovingly.

"As much as I wanted you to be with me my dear, it is not yet your time. Still, I'm glad to see that you've grown." He caressed Kueas face once more and smiled. "You must go now. Someone's waiting for you, so you have to wake up."

"But –"

"It's ok, we'll meet again... someday... so now go back and live happily. Ok? I know you are in good hands."

He went for another hug. "I'll miss you."

"I know." He gave a comforting rub on his crying grandsons back.

A soft knock was heard from the VIP room before it opened revealing Diao and Yi who went to visit the still sleeping Kuea.

"Hia. We've brought you some food." Diao showed the lunch box that they've prepared, trying to give a cheerful smile.

"I'm not hungry." Lian answered as he continue to give a sponge bath to his unconscious lover.

It has been 5 days since the incident. The operation went well but Kuea did not show any signs of waking up.

Everyday his and Kueas friends would come to visit in hopes that he had already woken up.

Lian is always at Kueas side and not taking any breaks even when the boys' parents arrived. It was also evident that he had lost some weight and bugs are showing under his eyes from not taking care of himself.

"Lian, you need to eat. You need to rest. What will Kuea say when he wakes up and see you like this?" Yi argued.

"How can I do all those when he is still unconscious?" he stopped what he was doing momentarily and clenched his fist.

Yi just looked at his friend sadly. Unable to utter another convincing words as he too understand that if they swap positions he might be the same.

He then heard a serious tone when his friend spoke again. "What about the other  thing?"

"Zen and I took care of it. You don't have to worry about it." He answered in all seriousness as well.

"Thank you."

As the older guys continued talking Diao who was near the bedside table - as he was placing the lunch boxes on the table,  gasped when he saw Kueas hand move and then slowly opened his eyes.

That caught the attention of the two, as he was already tearing up he just gestured to his now waking friend.

Lian shoot into action and called the nurses' attention.

The medical personnel did check Kueas condition as Lian, Diao and Yi stayed and watched the professionals do their thing. The supervising doctor gladly inform Lian of Kueas great condition but still needs to do some observation before they let him go home.

After that joyous commotion, Lian held Kueas hand softly - suppressing the tears as he look at his still weak lover but now looking at him and also trying to give back a soft grip, smiling weakly at him behind his oxygen mask.

He gave a soft kiss on the youngers hand and silently gave thanks to the one's above for answering his prayers on giving him back his beloved.

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ 

⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾ ੈ✩‧₊