23

(commentators)

Sunday. Spanish Grand Prix.

+ It's Lando Norris that wins the Spanish Grand Prix! Charles Leclerc crosses the finish line second to ensure his spot as number one in the Drivers World Championship but only two points ahead of Norris!

- Man, this World Championship fight keeps getting better and better. Both drivers are giving us the fight of their lives! No one can deny how brilliantly Charles Leclerc has driven during this season.

+ Sadly for the team though, Ferrari isn't second but third in the Constructors Championship, as Olivia finishes again in 8th position after only managing to win two more places from her qualifying position.

- Definitely not what the team nor the fans are expecting from her. Four races in and she's only managed 14 points in comparison to her teammate's shocking 72 points. 

+ Not only that but, Ferrari stands with 86 points against McLaren's 131 points. God, that must be painful for the team.

Olivia Reyes

Points. I'd finished inside the points twice in a row. Progress — I smiled to myself inside the high temperature of the helmet once I crossed the finish line. Despite how ridiculous the mindset seemed, I knew I had gone back to basics this season, and putting myself down instead of celebrating small victories would only do more harm than good.

I got outside of the car and walked toward Lando for our routine post-race hug in front of everyone. I'd read a tweet last night from a fan wishing there were pictures of our post-race hugs but without our helmets on, going on and on about "the love our eyes must transmit to each to each other at that moment." I had laughed it off.

Never gonna happen. I liked having the helmet on, it was like a protection wall.

I walked back to the garage, taking my helmet off and placing it on one of the tables while Santi stretched out my towel and water bottle — which I emptied in about 10 seconds. I shuffled over my feet as the post-race interviews for the first three places took over every screen in the circuit, watching Lewis' and Charles' interviews come to an end as the crowd roared with Lando's appearance.

"Mr. Lando Norris," the interviewer enunciated, teasing the audience as their screams got louder. "What an overtaking masterclass from yourself and a strategy masterclass from the team. It's great to see you back on the top step after last week's race."

"Thank you, thank you," Lando said with a chuckle. "Yes, totally. I couldn't be more thankful to the team for how brilliantly they managed today's strategy, and of course, this result feels amazing compared to last week."

"It was brilliant indeed. I'm sure there were a lot of people back home pulling their hair with nervousness while you were exiting the pit. How anxious were you? How did you feel when you exited and saw you had overtaken Charles? Was there ever doubt that it would work?"

"I honestly tried not to think too much about it. I knew we were gonna be very close to each other regardless, so right as I was leaving the pit I was just concentrated on driving my ass off either to catch him or to get away from him. It's important to keep your mind cool and trust the team's decisions." He smiled.

I turned to look at the engineers in his garage, more than one of them scoffing at his comment.

"I'm sure of it, especially with the Silverstone Grand Prix coming up. How excited do you feel? Do you reckon you're ready?"

"Totally, I honestly couldn't be more excited and ready for it... But I do have to admit I'm even more excited to spend the week off with people I care about." Lando pursed his lips, seeming as if he was trying to hide the smile behind them.