42

Olivia Reyes

Friday. Mexican Grand Prix.

"Hello?" his raspy, sleepy voice woke me up.

I was lying on my right side as I brought both hands to my face and rubbed my eyes. The world around me was barely beginning to lose its blurriness. An arm was snaked around my waist as my eyes shot wide open. My head snapped toward the man lying in bed next to me.

"Yes, it's me," he said.

Shirtless, laying on his back and rubbing the bridge of his nose, was Lando Norris with one arm snaked around my body —which was thankfully clothed in the black shirt he wore last night, but with nothing else underneath— and his eyes closed tightly as he tried to shut out the morning light.

I took in his side profile as I remained speechless, not knowing what to say. I was suddenly unable to articulate a single word, let alone process the fact that I had just had sex with my fake boyfriend, Lando Norris, on the week of my home race. I tried to open my mouth, but Lando's eyes suddenly shot wide open, and his face snapped toward me.

The first thing I thought was: Fuck. We should've never done that. The penny dropped. He's regretting it already.

But then, as his shocked expression found my speechless one, I caught sight of his other hand, holding up his phone to the ear I couldn't see from where I was.

"Your family's here," Lando rushed out in a whisper.

"My family's WHAT?!" I sat up in the quickest second, grabbing my phone from the nightstand and revealing dozens of missed calls and notifications. Oh no, no no no.

"Your doorman tried to reach you to ask if they should show your family the apartment or if you want to—"

"PUTA MADRE!" I turned around quickly and stretched my arm out, placing a hand on Lando's chest and straddling his leg for a brief moment as I snatched the phone away from him and yelled on it: "DON JAVI ¡¡¡AHÍ VOY AHÍ VOY AHÍ VOY!!!" (On my way! On my way! On my way!)

I jumped off of Lando as a hundred bad words in Spanish fell from my lips one after the other. My feet landed on the cold floor, making a shiver run through my spine as I walked into the closet and tossed Lando's black shirt off my body, quickly putting on an oversized hoodie and pants.

"You should shower while I welcome them. We have to get out of here in no time," I said quickly as I ran a finger under my eyes. I wiped off any mascara from last night and jumped into a pair of slippers as I exited the closet. We had to leave the apartment in less than 30 minutes to get there on time.

"I don't like being bossed around!!!" Lando complained as he threw both arms behind his head, a playful smirk plastered all over his face as his naked torso peeked out from under the bedsheets.

"And I don't like whining!!!" I replied as I raised my brows and walked through the room.

God, he looks good.

I shook my head quickly to keep myself from staring. I didn't have any time to process what had happened last time. I had to go welcome my parents and play it cool.

I ran across the apartment and all the way to the elevator, quickly jumping inside it and rushing to see my face in the mirror as it made its way to the first floor. I ran a quick hand through my hair and grabbed an elastic band from my hoodie's pockets, throwing it into a good enough ponytail right before the elevator doors opened.

And as soon as they opened, so did my arms.

The bright sun outside the building was no competition to the way all of our faces lit up as we ran to each other's arms. Mamá, Papá, David, and Jorge. They all had bright faces, wide eyes, and arms spread open to hug one another.