41

"The only thing I want from you..." Lando whispered, his voice huskier than ever as his eyes trailed down my body and then came back to my eyes before continuing, "is to see your name under mine when the race is over."

That's what fueled me. His words. The way he'd said them. Rolled up sleeves. White knuckles. The way he gripped the kitchen counter and the strength of the forearm that had his other hand flat against it. He grabbed the counter tightly, keeping him close to me and pushing himself away with his other hand.

The only thing I want from you is to see your name under mine when the race is over.

Weeks ago, these exact words would've sent me out of the room and slamming the door shut, but the picture painted in front of me spoke everything he wasn't saying. His tell was written all over his body in the shape of restraint, and the poison he tried to pack his words with had fallen short.

Because it hadn't been venom.

It had been fuel.

All of it. All along. It's always been him trying to swim against the current. — Lena's words echoed inside my head, thrashing against every wall of my brain.

I looked back up at him through my lashes.

Lando Norris, we both know you don't mean a thing about what you said.

"Pretty sure you want me under you more than you want that," I breathed the words out as I lifted my chin up.

His lips crashed powerfully against mine as he brought the hand that gripped the counter up to my jaw, pressing himself against me and the counter. Hungry. Desperate. My entire body was tingling as my mouth opened and closed, dancing with his as my hands found his neck and wrapped themselves around it. I could feel my heartbeat going at a thousand miles per hour and goosebumps littered all over my skin. He kissed me fiercely, urgently, as though I were the last drop of water in an unforgiving desert.

The whole world vanished into thin air as Lando claimed my mouth unashamedly and pulled me toward him while pressing against me and digging his fingers into my sides harder and harder. Harder, until it wasn't enough. My body gained a mind of its own, pressing myself against him and making my jaw slack for a second with the close contact. He quickly lowered himself to reach for my thighs as my hands found his biceps, granting him permission as he lifted me and wrapped my legs around him.

He placed me over the counter, cupping my ass over the rolled-up dress and digging his fingers into me before pulling me toward him and pressing himself against me even harder. A small gasp escaped from my mouth at the sudden transition, and my whole body tensed as I felt the tightness of his pants right against my underwear. My entire skin was burning as I gripped his arms tightly, unable to hold myself back as he began grinding against me, making my jaw slack and my body arch toward him as his tongue found a sweet spot in my neck.

My eyes shut tightly with the tempting friction, making me place a hand behind me for support as my head fell back a little while I dug my nails into Lando's neck with the other. He grunted at the small distance and snaked an arm under my armpit to grab the back of my neck, pulling it closer to him and making me loop both arms around his neck, both of our chests glued to the other, rising and falling with our quick heavy breathing.

He exhaled a bewildered pant against my neck. My heart was racing as our mouths found each other again and our lips crashed together with urgency, grinding against the other as the throbbing between my legs kept getting stronger and stronger.

"Tell me when to stop," he commanded against my lips as we kept kissing.

"Don't," I rushed out the plead, feeling my lower belly getting tighter and tighter.