t h i r t e e n

13

Hypothesis; if I don't remember that the loot is the prize and not the guy, I will fail miserably.

I murdered that thought before it could take proper root in Cherry and Carol's heads. The mere thought of doing the dirty with Daniel had my eyes popping out of their sockets like a character in a comic.

"Fuck no!"

Two words. Just enough to end Carol's eyebrow waggling and remove the suggestive smile from Cherry's lips.

Cherry frowned. "Oh. What happened then? We saw the both of you leave the pitch together."

That was my cue to blurt out the entire true story of what happened to them. And it wasn't that much of a great story.

"He dropped me off. He was supposed to go see his mom."

Carol clicked her tongue. "That's a buzzkill. We thought things were starting to get interesting for you two. Have you told Chanelle yet?"

"Yes," I lied, making a mental note to text her immediately after this.

Cherry went back to smiling. She settled on her bed, crossing her legs and nestling her coffee in her hands like it was gold. "You know he's off limits though, right? I mean, it's fine if you two kiss or do the dirty, but you're on a mission."

I blinked. "Wha—? No! I would never think of getting with him," I blurted. "He's not even all that great."

Carol snorted and got up, sipping what was left of her coffee and tossing it in the trash. "Daniel is a lot of things. But that is not one them. Have you seen the guy?"

Yay. Fun fact. Gee. Who knew?

Of course I did. I had eyes. I just knew how to control myself. He wasn't mine, I was nothing but a middle man. The reuniter. Plus, he was cocky enough. If he knew I found him attractive, I'd never hear the last of it.

"I don't know why you hype him so much," I mumbled instead, chosing more lies.

Carol stared at me like I had two heads and twelve hands now. She huffed. "Es probablemente lento."

There was something about "probablemente" that told me she'd just insulted me so I glared at her through narrowed eyes.

Finishing off my coffee, I tucked away my drawing pad and got up. "Whatever. I'm going to get my car now." I announced giving them both a look and heading towards the door. When I opened it, I looked over my shoulder.

"And no, I won't be dry humping the guy there."

I walked out.