t w e n t y

20

Hypothesis; The truth will make you rethink.

If you've ever slipped on a banana peel, you'd know exactly how I felt in that moment

If you've ever slipped on a banana peel, you'd know exactly how I felt in that moment. Fear, anxiety, dread and anticipation were roughly thrown into the pot of my emotions and shaken vigorously.

Daniel's movements were mesmerizing, deliberate, and delicate. Like he was being careful not to mess something up. As for me, at that point, even if he did mess it up, I doubted I'd notice. My brain and heart had switched positions and my hormones were itching to take control here.

His hand which wasn't cupping my cheek went to wrap around my waist and pull me closer so he could take control. Instinctively, like they were made to be there, my hands came up to his shoulders and squeezed. One of them found its way to the back of his head and situated itself deep inside his hair.

I almost sighed in satisfaction. Ever since this entire charade, I'd wanted to feel his hair, find out if the were as soft as they looked. And I'd be damned if they didn't surpass my expectations.  Daniel let out a soft sound from the base of his throat and the sound reverberated though me. A low moan escaped my lips when he angled his head and deepened the kiss.

In all my nineteen years of living, I'd kissed a total of three guys. And none of them even compared to this. With Daniel it wasn't too fast or too slow, just deliberate enough for me to crave every inch of him. If the rational part of me wasn't shuddering in a cage somewhere, she'd wonder when the attraction had blown up into this. It felt like magic.

But of course, all good things have to come to an end. Only, with me, things like this end up in embarrassment.

"Shit." A shriek from the door had me breaking the kiss and springing away from Daniel. His eyes flew open, lips turning downwards.

It took exactly one and a half seconds for me to realize what I'd just done and another one and half seconds for the banana peel emotions to hit with a full force.

A warm tingle on my lips, Daniel's unwavering stare and Cherry's red face reminded me that this was infact not a dream but reality. I'd just kissed Daniel Brighton and I'd liked it. Honestly, I didn't know which was worse.

Daniel's lips parted like he wanted to say something but he stopped himself and spun around to face Cherry and Carol who had just interrupted us. With each degree of his turning, my eyes grew three times wider.  And when he finally set his eyes on them standing at the door, Cherry with her hands covering her eyes and Carol muttering to herself, I almost peed my panties.

"What are the both of you doing here?"

Dear God, please strike me with a bolt of lightning and let this end.

My prayers weren't answered. Instead, I got a front row seat to the drama that was about to unfold.

Cherry's hands glided down her face to reveal the same shell shocked expression on Carol's expression. The latter opened and shut her mouth, trying and failing to string words.