Chapter 4: Pool and Dancing

Pulling up outside Phoenix and I's dorm house. We see a familiar blue jeep parked in front and a man sitting in our rocking chairs. "Rooster, what the hell are you doing on my front porch?" I ask while walking up the stairs.
"I'm here to see you, Darling." Rooster stand up out of the rocking chair, leaving the rocking chair rocking against the deck while walking towards us.

Behind me, I hear Phoenix gag and mumble something about 'love-sick pilots' as she walks past us and into the house. Watching our screen door creek open and slam shut, I chuckle at her dramatic exit. "And I was wondering if you and Phoenix want to come to the Hard Deck with the rest of us." Suddenly, Phoenix is back at the door with a giant smile on her face. "Hell yeah! But let us change first." I look down at my outfit, consisting of jeans covered in spots of paint, one of my dad's old Navy shirts, and red Converse. "I think I look fine," I tell her with a shrug. We're going to the Hard Deck, not a fancy restaurant. Phoenix opens the door so hard that it flies into the siding and drags me inside. "See you there, Rooster!" I yell. I hear him laugh over the slamming of the screen door, while I assume he walked off the porch.

I sit on my bed watching Phoenix dig through my dresser to find 'perfect' outfit. "You have nothing nice to wear!!" She yells dramatically. "I have nice clothes." I sigh, leaving the comfort of my warm bed. Reaching into a drawer, I pull out a pair of light wash bell bottoms. Lifting them over my shoulder, I show them to Phoenix, who hmms in approval. I dig through another drawer and pull out a red, kind-of see through, button down and a plain black crop top. I again lift the two options over my shoulder for Phoenix to choose. She stared at the two shirts for so long that I thought that she left the room or fell asleep. Suddenly, a shirt is ripped from my hand, I subconsciously look to the other and see the black shirt is still there. "This one, as long as you wear a lace black bra under it." She smiles and throws the outfit at me before leaving my room to find her outfit.

After changing, I look at myself in the full-length mirror. My brown hair is curled, make-up that enhances my face shape. My eyes travel down to my shirt, My red button down is pair with a black lace bra, like Phoenix had suggested, is half tucked into my jeans. My jeans hugged my hips perfectly while flowing loose over my calves.

I grabbed my black naval jacket that I had previously thrown on my bed, my red Converse that I had kicked off while sitting in my bed, and my Aviators that were waiting in the pocket of my naval jacket. I walk out to our living room, I see Phoenix standing in a yellow crop top with medium wash skinny jeans, and brown sandals.

...

Walking up to the counter, "Want a beer, Savannah?" I nod. Penny grabs a beer and walks over to me. "$3.00, honey." I reach into my pocket to grab cash, but a hand stops me. "Put it on my tab, Penny." She nods and turns away. I turn and look at him, "Rooster, I can pay for my own beer." I take the opportunity to look at his choice of attire. He is, of course, wearing another Hawaiian shirt- this time it's blue, paired with a white shirt underneath. He's wearing blue jeans and white sneakers. Rooster coughs bring my attention off his clothes and back up to his face. My cheeks turn a shade of pink as he repeats what he was saying. "Well, I figured that if I buy you a beer, you will have to dance with me." I laugh, "Maybe later, Pretty Boy." I turn and walk away, hearing Rooster behind me saying that he'll be waiting.

"Oh look, the lovebirds decided to grace us with their presents!" Hangman cheers, clearly already having a few drinks. I hear some chuckles from our little group. I not-so-subtly flip Hangman off before heading over to the pool table. "The Champion has arrived!" Phoenix yells, raising her beer to me. "Really?" "No way?" I shake my head, ignoring the doubtful comments. "Who wants to try to beat Skylar?" Phoenix asks, sounding like an auctioneer getting ready to auction off an item. "Rooster?" I see Rooster shake his head, and he answers with a slight chuckle, "No way, tried that the first time."