II - Movie Date

"Is it done?" Dad asks out to the lady from behind the counter. She is clad in a blue linen blouse that she has paired up with a black pencil skirt as a part of her uniform and her raven hairs are tied in a neat bun.

"Yes sir. Give me a minute." The lady answers politely with a subtle smile which dad mirrors back with a nod and she disappears somewhere at the back of the store.

To fill the time, I whirl my gaze around at the jewelry displayed. Under the plethora of bright lights flooding the store, the diamonds glitter even more gracefully.

"Namjoon?" A feminine voice fills our ears. I look at dad and he does the same before we turn around to look for the source of the voice.

"Nayeon?" His dimple smile spreads over his face.

"Ah so it's really you. You look like a man."

Is he suppose to look like woman?

Whoever this woman is. I already don't like her.

"Wah you've grown so much beef, look at those biceps." Nayeon pokes his biceps, her mouth slightly widened in awe.

"Aah No, It's just.. the shirt." With a shy smile, he negotiates in his defense, pressing his spare hand on the area she was earlier poking at.

"It's not just the shirt." She emphasises with a wide grin. They look lost in their little world which I'm not a part of

Or

Was

As in the further second her eyes turns to meet mine and she acknowledges my presence.

"Oh hi! I'm Nayeon, one of his college friends. You must be his wife." And the last word renders me speechless.

Why does everyone want to pair me up with dad today?

"Actually...daughter." Dad answers for me.

"Daughter?!" Mouth slightly agape, she scans me from head to toe. Her perplexion comes out valid to me. How come dad who's 28 has a daughter of my age?

Gears of her brain seem to churn rapidly to somehow make sense of the information she just received.

"That's a long story. Anyways how things have been with you and Hanbin?" He veers off the subject to his liking and I stiffle a chuckle. She looked complete dumbfounded.

But in following second, her broad grin appears again.

"Can't be better. Got engaged a week ago." She shifts the carry bags into her right hand and lifting the other, shows off her sparkling diamond ring.

"Are you done baby?" A voice follows and a male appears in sight whom I guess to be Hanbin, Nayeon's fiancé as the first thing he does is peck her cheek.

"Yea. Look who do we have here." Nayeon smiles, diverting his attention to us.

"Namjoon.. It's been ages man." He goes for dad, throwing his arms around him and leaping over him into a hug.

As he draws back, his gaze drops onto me he compliments, "You've got yourself such a beautiful wife."

Not this again..

"She's my daughter." Dad corrects and receives a familiar astonishment in return.

"Namjoon says it's a long story. Now let's go. We've got places to be." Nayeon tugs on his sleeves and drags him away which I'm grateful for.

"Bye guys."

In all such commotion I've already lost any memory of the purpose we came here for but a feminine voice from behind reminds me back.