XII - Store

Jungkook examined the list of items we'll require for the evening. Looking up from the piece of paper, he proclaims, "I'll head up to the drinks section."

"Sure let's meet up at the checkout." With that, we split our ways. I get myself a small cart and pace my way towards the aisle consisting items of party decor.

I let few minutes pass wondering what should be the theme color and come across rose gold. It's beautiful color. Isn't it? I start off by picking up rose gold and rose gold confetti ballons and drop them into the cart before piling up it with tassle garland, hanging swirls and stripe paper straw.

Foil fringe curtains give me a hard time. I have to search up almost entire aisle for one in shades of rose gold. I get couple of those since one won't be enough. After getting one sequin table runner, I head for the sweets aisle. I've not had chocolates since it's been so long.

My cart is half filled with chocolates such that the lady at the checkout darts me some awkward looks. As she takes too long to check, I find myself staring at the small girl sitting nearby on the counter.

"For you." With a soft cheerful smile, I offer her a chocolate from my cart which she merrily accepts, with a big toothy grin, similar to Jungkook's.

"Down't tell mumma. Shi said strenjer denjer." She warns me in her adorable accent which has me giggling at her adorableness. Her parents must be so good-looking to have such a pretty daughter. Her small pigtails are adding to her adorableness.

"Is she your daughter?" I ask the cashier. She mutters a plain no without evening looking at me.

"Where's your mumma?" I ask, turning towards the little girl.

"I lost hewr." She eats the chocolate, not looking bothered at all that.

"Your mumma must be worrying."

"Nuu, shi tould mi tu go tu da cashier if I det lost. Shi wil find mi here."

Smart little girl.

As the lady hands me the bill, I pay the decent amount and wait for Jungkook since I don't want to leave little girl this soon.

Minutes later as he joins me by my side, he asks, "Are you done?"

Before I could mutter a reply, the small girl shout out, "appa." making grabby hands towards Jungkook. He is as starstruck as me but nonetheless lifts her up in his arms.

"I'm not your appa." He breaks it out to the girl, scrunching his nose somewhat rudely.

"Nuu, you r ma aapa. Mumma has yowr picture." She thrusts her tiny hand into his face, not liking the choice of his words. I watch him roll his eyes, giving up on arguing.

By the time, she finishes her chocolate, her mouth and the area around it are all smeared. I pull out my a napkin from the box on the counter and reach out to wipe her face clean when Jungkook offers, "I'll do it."

Nagging her about how to eat a chocolate, he wipes her face clean while I stuff all the items in the carry bags. Four in total.

"Mumma." The little girl shoutd out aloud, making grabby hands towards someone at the back. This has Jungkook turn around and face the lady. She brisks her steps in our direction and shoots a death glare to Jungkook.

"Give me my daughter." She snaps, snatching the girl from his grip. Jungkook stands there, without a word.

What is there to get so hyped up? I brood over as I watch her leave the store rightaway. But maybe she didn't like a stranger carrying her daughter. People aren't very trustworthy these days.

"What's wrong Jungkook?" I ask. He shakes his head in no and we walk out of the store.

Later, even at home, I often find him spacing out but he wouldn't speak a mere word about what's distressing him. Eventually I give up and divert my all focus on decorating the living room.

He arranges the foil frindge curtains on the wall while I take over to blow the ballons. By the time I'm done it feels like all the air has been sucked out from my lungs. We have to do everything as soon as possible. Namjoon could be here at any moment. He lost his passport and went to embassy this morning and hasn't returned yet which I am grateful for. We get a lot of time to prepare.

Once finished decorating the wall, we start off to spangle the table. I lay the table runner. Jungk99k places scented candles, champagne and glasswares on it before bringing the cake and keeping it on glass cake stand in the middle of the table. He covers it glass dome, marking an end to all the decorations.

Sweeping a last look, we sigh in satisfaction and it is beyond perfect.

"Go get ready."

I frown, "Why do I need to change?"

"Curiosity killed the cat. Don't ask anything. Just go, wear something sexy." I roll my eyes at his words and head upstairs. My closet has a velvet black dress which I've not worn even once yet. Immediately, I know this was the one. I brush my hairs and do a little makeup before storming downstairs.

After a while, The elevator door dinges open. Jungkook claps his hands and the lights went off.

"Why is it dark?" I hear Namjoon groan out. The next second, he bumps into something and whinces in pain. Jungkook presses his hand against my mouth, suppressing the laughter bubbling in me.

With the help of flashlight, as he finally finds the light switch, he is quick to turn it on. And when he does he's taken aback. Soon, a wide smile replaces his amazement. Appearing from our hideout, I walk upto him and lean him into a hug whispering,

"Happy father's day joon."

_______

📎 Aug 1, 22, Short filler chapter
📎 Next part is gonna be 🎨
📎 Leave a lots of comment😊
📎 See you guys in comment section.