XXXIII - A male fairy

"Doctor says he'll wake up wi--

He's cut off for I throw myself into his embrace. Heart thumping loudly in ribcage, I clutch tightly to the back of his coat holding his body so close to mine because I'm afraid If I let him go, he'll get further and further away for me,

just like that night.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry..." I mumble into his chest apologises for all the times I took him for granted for now I know how it feels to lose him and it's the worst feeling like your chest is tightening, like all the air is pushed out of your lungs and you are suffocating to death.

"So you are out of its-a-dream trance, huh?" He wraps his arms around me. I hum, nodding against his chest.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" My voice comes out as a muffled whisper.

"I told you this isn't a dream and I'm here with you. Didn't I?"

I crane my head back and lift my gaze up to meet his eyes which stare fondly into mine. "How do you expect me to believe it?" My voice starts quavering when a layer of tear surfaces my eyes. "I slept, wrecked with the thought of you in surgery and when I wake up I had you beside me, sleeping peacefully as if God answered all of my prayers and chose to bring out of the operation ward with not even a single scratch on your body with a miracle. And miracles... They don't exist anymore. So it was a dream for me. A beautiful one. The kind of one you don't want to wake up from because it's better than the reality."

"Miracles do exist Ari.." he swipes at the tears I didn't know were streaking down my cheeks. "I'm here, infront of you, out of the operation ward and without any single scratch on my body just like you wished me to." He then softly grabs my shoulder and spins me around.

"And that miracle is him. He saved my life at the sake of his."

"Who's he?" The angel who saved my namjoon...

"A fairy who granted your wish."

"A male fairy." Dex contributes to the conversation.

"Fairy is a non-gendered word." A voice states, matter-of-factly and turns out it isn't Namjoon or Dex. Our eyes land to the only person besides us and it's the male on the bed, now conscious. Unlike earlier bandage is wrapped around only his forehead and I can easily make out who he's really is. The person I least expected to be.

"A male fairy is still a fairy." Dex retorts back, sassily.

"I expected you to say oh you are awake! I'll call the doctor."

"Should I?" He bickers with him as if he just didn't wake up after a tragic accident.

"Help me sit. Will you?" Dex rolls his eyes but assists him nonetheless with aid from Namjoon.

"I owe you man, big fat one." Smiles Namjoon.

"Yea you do." He cracks a small smile and it's first time I've ever seen him smiling. First time this whole semester that I've seen the basketball captain smiling. Dex said he isn't a good person but now watching him covered with all the injuries, an outcome of the risk he willingly took upon his own life defies every other thing.

"Oh you are awake. I was about to check on you anyway." The doctor walks in. She smiles brightly, bringing a lively and positive aura with her.

"Mr Agust do you feel numbness in any part of your body?" She enquires.

"It subsided last night, well except from my right arm since he's been using it as his pillow." He slightly nudges his head towards Dex and adds, "I tried to pull away once with the minute strength I had but he instantly put it back under his head and slept like a baby."

So maybe leaving Dex with him wasn't a good idea.

"Don't injure my patient please. There's a separate couch over there to sleep and it also has pillows." She points to the couch pushed back to the wall with a chuckle and Dex nods, scratching the back of his neck. His neck and ears are flushed red which showcases his embarassment.

Once she leaves Dex whisper-shouts to her patient, "You didn't have to expose me like that. I should have murdered you in your sleep."

"I'm sleeping now. Murder me." Agust closes his eyes. This guy has no care.

"I assume we all haven't eaten anything since yesterday so whilst you bicker, I'll bring something to eat." Namjoon chuckles and turns to me, "come with me." He reaches out for my hand and intertwines it with his before we file out of the room leaving them to bicker alone.

"Is it okay to leave them alone? He won't murder him right?" I ask sarcastically.

"They don't seem to like each other so I'm not sure." He shrugs causally.

"Yea dex once told me Agust isn't a good guy or something.."

"Well what he did for me proves it wrong and there's nothing like good or bad guy. We all make mistakes and sometimes do something bad but that doesn't define who we really are." He passes me a small smile and turns his attention back to the road.

I made some mistakes too.

"Why didn't you reach me sooner? I thought I..I lo-"I bit my lip to restrain the sob from breaking out.

He laces his hand with mine and brushes his thumb over my skin in a comforting gesture. "I had to go for blood transfusion. Agust lost much blood at the spot and fortunately mine matched with his. When I returned, I found you sleeping on Dex's shoulder. Dex freaked out like he saw some ghost."

"That's more like him."

"I had to explain everything twice." He laughs and I can imagine Dex pacing back and forth with his one of his hand fisting his hair as he digests every detail.

My phone rings up altering me to a call.

Jungkook? Crap!

"Guess It's time for me to explain everything twice." I mumble under my breathe but he hears it as he looks over at me in confusion. I lift my phone screen to his eye-level.

"Jungkook? You didn't. Did you?" He laughs and I nod.

Couple of seconds later he pulls up before the diner and I'm still debating to answer the call or save the explanation for later. Namjoon seems to have noticed my hesitation for he proposes, "Go order food. I won't mind explaining for third time."

"Okay." I give him a quick peck on his cheek before hoping out of the car.

____

1132 words, Oct 3,22, 12:17PM
Can you guys see the end drawing near..?? Only 2 or 3 parts are left...