VII - Anxiety

"That's all." Namjoon sighs, finishing transferring items from cart to the counter. Earlier when he checked his fridge, it was completely empty as if it's for to store dead bodies and not food.

"Id love some cinnamon rolls." He says to the male behind the showcase. "For takeout"

"Here you go sir." The employee hands him a brown paper bag with the bakery name and logo engraved on it.

Ari will be happy to see this.

Cinnamon rolls are her favourite.

"Ari..." He impatiently calls out for her, kicking the door shut behind him. A wide smile stretches his lips as he pictures the reaction he'll receive from her.

Yet no answer comes.

He calls out again and then once more, this time his smile faltering leaving tense folds of worry and concern expression behind.

He drops the carry bags on the kitchen island and hurries upstairs, where he left her.

He is scared, scared to lose her like he lost Jieun.

Pushing back the door to her bedroom, he's met with the sight he has least anticipated.

He expected her to be sleeping in her bed or probably in the shower or if consider the worst possibilities not even here at all.

He surely didn't expect the room to look like a complete mess and Ari sitting in the middle of bed, hugging her knees to her chest as her shoulders shakes with her heavy sobs.

"Ari..." He rushes towards her.

"Dad." She breaks into tears as he gathers her into his warm embrace.

"What's wrong baby?" He strokes her hairs, his chin resting on the top of her head in a gentle manner.

"I-I.. thought...you left me"

"No Arii never." He plants a peck on her head. "I'm here... okay?" His voice softens as he draws back and cups her tear-stained cheeks. His chest tightens as he wipes her tears and mutter sweetnothings to her, perceiving where it's heading to.

Two words

Separation anxiety.

Ari has grown separation anxiety.

And a part of him is responsible for it. Only if he hadn't left her yesterday, things might be different now. Yet that's not the case anymore. If anything he can do is provide her constant reassurance and help her grow out of her anxiety.

"When I go to work you can call or text me... okay?" Ari nods, gnawing over her lower lip. Cheeks pressed against his chest, she lays scooped up in his arms.

"You are the only one I've. I won't leave you." He pecks her temple in an affectionate kiss.

"And in the evening we'll leave for somewhere so pack your clothes."

For now, the words alone won't do. He needs to be with her for a while. Probably it's not just her, they both need to be with each other for a while, away from all the misery, pain and heartbreaks

Or away from here.

In the evening, Ariana finds herself standing in front of a large mansion that Namjoon grew up in or as he informed before. The place is two hour drive from the main city.

"Young master, Ah finally I get to see you." A lady which she guesses to be Mrs. Ahn welcomes them inside. He goes for a hug and she gladly accepts. She have been taking care of him since when his memory favors.

Their greeting embrace lasts for a brief moment before the duo draws back and her eyes turns to look at the girl beside him. Feeling her eyes on her, Ariana greets the elder lady with a small bow.

"She is your wife. Right?!"

She takes her hands in hers and smiles, "You are so pretty."

This time Namjoon doesn't clear anything. It'll only lead to insurmountable fuss he doesn't want to cause.

"Why don't you go get fresh? You must be tired from the journey. I'll prepare dinner."

Mrs. Ahn ushers the couple to their room.

"Dad you go shower first. I'll unpack." Ariana brings over  the suitcase over to the bed and digs into it.

She doesn't unpack much since they are to leave for their sudden trip to Venice. Earlier Namjoon received a call from company and straightaway reserved tickets for two of them.

"Ari." She hear his voice resound from other side of the door.

"Yes dad."

"Come inside."

And those mere two words cause her to stop whatever she's doing and ask out

"W-what?!"

"Help me rub soap on my back Ari. Now come inside."

Ariana gulps and pushes the door back, letting herself inside. She finds Namjoon in the shower cabin, his silhouette blurry through the condensed glass walls. Slowly pulling the door she enters inside and grabs a hold of the loofah.

"Yea right there Ari." He huffs out brushing his hairs back with both of his hands and in all this commotion, the soap flies from end of his hairs to her eyes.

"Owww." She wails out, hastily rubbing her eye to get soap out only to make it worse since her hands are also laced with soap.

"Don't use your hands." He forbides, removing her hands from her face. And in next second, she feels water splashing all over her face as he brings the shower head and clears the stinging chemical out.

"Are you okay?" She nods, looking into his eyes and fighting the urge to gaze down at his well built chest which is now a pleasant sight to the eyes with all the water rivulets.

"I'm all wet Dad." It take her five seconds to realise that.

"Shower with me then. I'll help you."

___

📍940 words, 8:10PM, July 20, 22
📍Make sure to leave your reviews❤
📍That's all for today's part.
📍More content coming soon.
📍This story will have a light theme...