XXIV - Rings 🎨

"Change into this. We didn't get to finish."

I don't know what he means by that nor do I get any chance to ask as in the next second he presses his hands against the sides of my face and brushes a soft peck on my small nose, my arms languidly clasped at his back, a giggle escaping from my lips.

"Meet me downstairs."

I nod, looking into his deep ocean eyes.

He plants his lips on mine for one last time before walking out of the room chiming, "don't make me wait too long."

After his confession earlier he has been too affectionate and I love it.

I withdraw the red fabric out of the carry bag and it turns out to be the same dress from yesterday party. We didn't get to finish.

What does he exactly mean?

Was he planning to confess yesterday?

But he has confessed a couple of hours ago.

Why would he be doing it again in the same day?

With all these thoughts, I strip myself off all the clothing and get into the shower, alone.

It'd be great if he accompanies me.

I cover my face with my hands at the thought that just stroke past my nerves. Gosh I have become too much of a pervert.

Brushing off all the not-so-innocent thoughts I turn on the shower.

I was discharged an hour ago. The white hospital room was deadly sick however I was enjoying laying tucked in his arm on the small bed that somehow managed to fit both of us. It feels equally good to be at home.

Jimin and Jihee took their leave an hour ago. Jungkook left to drive Evelyn and Evie home and hasn't returned since then. Their little creation is gradually bonding them back. It won't be long till they become a happy family.

All thoughts begin to slowly drift away as the lukewarm water cascades down on me. I rub the flowery shampoo into my hairs and wash myself before turning the shower off and leaving the bathroom, all towelled up.

I slip inside the red dress and turn towards the mirror. It complimentes my curves well. Namjoon is still wearing the black tux from yesterday. I wonder what he is upto. At the same time I am thrilled for it. Immediately I blow dry my hairs and put some lipstick on before going for some eye makeup.

"Ariii."

I hear him shout from downstairs and quickly brush my cheeks up with fair amount of makeup.

"Coming..."

I curl my hairs from the end and leave them open. With one last look in the mirror and a deep inhale, I leave the room struggling to wear my heels on the way downstairs which as he sees, he is quick to chuckle.

Once beside him I huff out, "Let's go." and coil my fingers around his bicep. Damn those thickk muscles. He nods and reaches out to leave a peck on my head before we leave the place.

His hands are tucked in mine as he drives and I hope he won't feel the anxiety - the reason I don't know of - seeping into my body evident through my perspirated hands.

"We are here." He softly smiles at me.

"Ah-oh-already."

He hums with his dimples on display.

I look around only to find myself metres away from the water. There is a cruise waiting for us. He intertwines my hand with his and leads me to the uppermost deck.

Ferry lights are coiled around the railings and in the middle, is a round table with some scented candles, champagne bottles and empty glasses with their heads down.

Walking past the table, he ushers me to the front to enjoy the mesmerising sight of wide expanse of water ahead as the cruise starts moving.

"Kim Ariana." He breathe fanning on my ears, arises tingles all over my skin.

I turn my head to the side to look at him. He extendes a small box in my direction. I lift up the box from his hand and disclose whatever it has for me.

I expect a charm, studs anything but not what I receive.

As he withdraws out one of the rings, a thought strikes past my nerves.

"Joon but.."

"I know baby." With these words, he slides the ring into my finger and after turning me around so that I face him, kisses my knuckles.

He lifts his gaze to meet mine and he softly begins, "Ari I know you are 19 and an engagement would be too quick. But love these are not the engagement rings. For that, I'll buy the prettiest one for you." A chuckle escapes my lips at his words and a layer of tears surfaces my eyes.

He reaches out to hold my hands and looking into my eyes adds, "These are promise rings Ari. This messed up relationship of us which started from our bodies and ended up binding our souls together. I'm sorry I didn't know what I was doing that time. Grief, heartbreak and pain took over me but I'm glad where we are today. So I want to promise my loyalty, sincerity and love to you by these rings. They are simple and probably won't mean anything to the world but they'd mean the world to us."

The sudden outburst of emotions flooding my heart renders me unable to wait anymore. So I tiptoe and press my lips against his.

"I love you joon."

I confess for I haven't before. I didn't tell him what I feel for him. And he needs to know how much crazy he drives me.

"Why didn't you say it before when I said the same to you?" He softly asks, stroking my cheek with the back of his first two fingers.

"I hate these words. I hate saying I love you."

"And why so?"

He doesn't seem even slightly unpleased and continues to listen to me with the same soft gaze and warm expression.

Inhaling a teary sigh, I add, "These feelings that I've for you, I want to put every single bit of them into words to tell you how much you mean to me, how much I adore you and these three words aren't enough to sum up all of them for me."

Eyes shining with warmth, he smiles at me.

"Ari, I also wish there was a better word than love because baby I love you more than love."

____

📍1099 words; Sep 10, 22 ; 6:55 PM
📍Here's sweet fluff
📍Thankyou sm guys for 50K reads
📍 I've a Jimin fanfiction in drafts I'll be working on after this one. Hopefully prologue will be out soon.
📍I am so excited to share the next phase of this story with you. A new character will be there and It's gonna be lots of fun. We are only 2-3 chapters away from the next phase. Please look forward to it.