XX - Blanket burrito

Namjoon wraps Ari in a blanket. She looks no more different than a blanket burrito. With red runny nose and morbid watery eyes she lays in the bed staring at the ceiling before turning to look at her feverish friend, Jungkook, who too is encompassed by layers of blanket.

"We shouldn't have swam too much." Jungkook grimaces. Ari hums in response. Yesterday, they had their swimming race half of the day before Jungkook left to meet his daughter, that has became an inevitable part of his daily routine. And today, the duo woke up in the noon sneezing such loud that Namjoon could even hear foundations of the house shake under the effect.

Since It'd be bit hectic to take care of them in two different rooms, Namjoon laid them on the same bed, in Jungkook's room. He didn't want to carry the muscle pig. After he is done giving pills to the sick duo, he descends downstairs to cook them something.

To say that he has a hard time searching up ingredients will be an understatement. He lets out a curse everytime he drops something. Atleast he knows how to make porridge and at that moment, he can't be anymore glad for that.

Seokjin taught him. As the thought of him crosses his mind, his body pauses all of its motion on its own and his hands hover in the midair holding the container he was about to place on the flame. He wonders how he is doing. He can't blame only his friend for what happened. Jieun and Seokjin are equally responsible.

In the beginning days, he was beyond hurt yet his wrath isn't the same anymore. Though he isn't fond of the couple. He has Ari by his side which he is grateful for. Her presence is enough for him and the little sinful voices she makes underneath him serves as cherry on top. In either way, he can't get enough of her. The age gap is huge but it doesn't bother two of them. 9 years are just numbers now.

She is his spoiled babygirl. He wishes to embrace her, protect her, keep her safe from every evil of the world however at the same time he wants to kiss her, mark her and dominate her, claiming her his and only his.

A tug on his slacks hauls him out of his thoughts. His gaze lands on a small adorable girl, he can't recognise. But when he looks up from her to the lady standing behind her, she isn't that hard to recognise.

Evelyn doesn't try to strike a conversation or greet the elder. She is just here to drop Evie anyway. Since Jungkook didn't come to visit her today, she started whining and Evelyn had to give up no matter how reluctant she was to step inside this house of his.

"Yuu are appaw frnd righteuu?" She keeps on tugging on his slacks, recognising the male right away. Jungkook has shown her hundreds of pictures of his friends. By now, she has their faces perfectly engraved in her small mind.

"Yes baby." He reaches out his hands to pick her up.

"Whr iz appa?" The little girl pouts, her small lips pursued together as she straddles his arm.

"You wanna meet appa?" As Evie quickly nods, Namjoon escorts himself out of the kitchen and walks upstairs, engaging her in a small talk on the way.

"Apppaaaaww." Evie squeals at the mere sight of Jungkook. Her face beaming with wide unsullied smile as she tries to slip down from Namjoon's grip. As soon as amjoon leaves her on her feet, she makes a quick run to her father.

His pale face breaks into a wide grin. Peeling the layers off his body, Jungkook hoists her up from the floor and engulfs her in his embrace. Ari and Namjoon continues to watch the father-daughter duo with adoration.

"Appa you did naut kish mi ere." Evie pouts, pointing at her cheeks. She is his spoiled princess.

"Appa is sick." Jungkook speaks, keeping a certain distance between their faces. Having her sick is be the last thing he wishes