Dreams - [Annabeth]

"No... No... Ew, Malcolm, what is this? No..."

Thinned out white scrolls bounced off of the Greek styled work table placed next to its exact copies on the far side of the room. The floor was littered with every sample of ancient knowledge that the Athena cabin had achieved in getting their hands on.

And now, they were uselessly thrown about by a quite distressed eighteen-year-old blonde.

The teenager ran her hands through her curly hair in frustration, a groan of annoyance leaving her mouth in the process.

She had been up all night and hasn't had her fair share of sleep since she started to investigate.

Her lips turned downwards into a frown. "Not one of these scrolls can tell me what the heck happened three days ago. All this time, we've been killing ourselves to get them, and they still won't let out answers?"

The girl allowed for a sigh to escape her, blowing a frizzy blonde strand of hair upwards.

"I can't believe I'm this close and still nowhere near it," she said to herself in sadness. The stormy grey irises of hers pierced right across the table, straight at a worn-out cap, the color of dark blue. A woven white logo stood proudly on the center of the headpiece, the letters "N" and "Y" reminding her of her past adventures with it.

If it were a talking cap, she would've already thanked it for leaving her out of danger. Literally, because she vanishes out of the naked eye with that thing.

"Mom, now's a really good time to help out your daughter..." the blonde girl trailed off, looking far off into the opposite side of the large quarters into a very accurate sculpture of Athena, standing proudly on top of a huge hill overlooking the camp.

She shook her head after analyzing it for a few seconds. The teenager knew better than the rest that gods, especially their parents, never went to their aid directly. Sometimes as signs or sending out other minor gods to help them, but never directly. Unless the goddess of wisdom and craftsmanship was up for some mother-daughter quality time, she was sure that Athena wouldn't be able to help in this one.

Another growl left her mouth as she continued on her search for a scroll that explained the appearance of monsters even under the influence of both the Golden Fleece and the Athena Parthenos. Even though the last one was much more like a beacon of death, having the alliance already been bonded, it has been a magical aid for Camp Half-Blood over the last few months.

So, having a huge horde of demigod-hungry monsters barge into camp right in the middle of nowhere, was something the daughter of Athena wanted to understand.

It just didn't seem to fit in quite right.

"Hey, Annie Beth!" a voice called out suddenly.

The girl had to grip onto her willpower in order to stop herself from jumping. Turning her head around in slight annoyance, she raised a questioning eyebrow when she saw one of her best friends walking inside her cabin.

"Piper? What are you doing here?" Annabeth interrogated, curiosity high on its peak.

While it was no stranger that they were both awfully a lot closer after Gaea was defeated, it was strange to see the daughter of Aphrodite walk casually as ever into Athena's cabin. It was true that whenever she passed through it, Piper would describe she felt: "like a kindergartner walking straight at an Oxford college class."

The chocolate brown-skinned girl shrugged her shoulders casually, feathered hair shifting by the movement. "Well, I heard from your siblings that you've been working your brain off. I just wanted to see if you wanted any help?"