Friends - [Astrid]

========= · ========= · =========

You mates are seriously bonkers!! I love you all and thank you for being a part of this! :)

- LoL, music.

========= · ========= · =========

Astrid has had her fair share of weirdness in her lifetime. And that was saying a lot, since she was barely entering her twenties now.

She definitely had to reassess everything in comparison of what happened to her while flying out with Stormfly.

At first, the journey to where the gods were clearly pointing towards was normal; peaceful, even. Which, after checking every single time Astrid's flown out on her own self all the previous times, was definitely an achievement.

The sky was as blue as it could ever get. Even though Berk was in the middle of their eternal Winter, this day sure made it seem as if they were back in plain Summer. The great golden ball of fire situated at the corner of the huge panoramic background shone directly on top of the blonde Viking girl and her Nadder.

The weather was extremely pleasant. Which is why on days like this, Astrid always keeps a close eye for disaster.

It was just meant to be.

Under Stormfly's sharpened claws, there was nothing else but ocean. Billions of gallons of pure salty liquid that sometimes managed to crash into each other and splash tiny droplets of it at the dragon's feet. The water seemed at ease as well, as if Ran and her husband were taking a deep sleep from their attempts to sink Vikings against their own will.

Astrid sighed tiredly. Gods. They always seemed to toy around with mortals. Even though they paid a lot of tribute to them, they always managed to mess around with humans as if they were a game of Maces and Talons; the gods being the players, situated around their glorious tables and goblets, and the people of Berk being the wooden statues that are tormented by their own amusement.

Poetic, isn't it?

Astrid's attention left her darkened mind when she heard the sound of rustling coming from down below. Surprised, she squatted in her own seat to try and get a better look at whatever the source of it was.

Stormfly was on the lookout as well, and being a Tracker Class dragon of all others, Astrid knew that both dragon and rider would find out what this thing made such a curious sound.

She was sure was another dragon, or rather an enemy she would have to fend off until she heard out the worst attempt of a whisper ever.

"Hey! I told you no one can call Chicken that way!"

A loud groan emitted from the young Viking's chest, her Deadly Nadder producing a sound quite similar to it. Both heads turned sideways and down to see a long blond-haired teenager, a horned Viking helmet situated on top of his mindless brain, wearing clothes that could only be somewhat near to what Vikings use for blankets to cover their dragons when they're cold.

"Tuffnut?! What in Odin are you following me for?", Astrid exclaimed in annoyance, and a rather dark tone laced onto it. Said guy craned his head upwards, following with his eyes as Astrid and Stormfly landed on the snowy land he was 'hiding' in.

Immediately, he placed his hands in front of his face and started to do ghost-like sounds. "Ooh! I'm invisible! I'm a ninja far into the shadows bestowed by the awesome Loki-ii. You don't see me at all."

The girl with the leather headband only rolled her eyes and pushed him to the side, making him stumble on his own feet, and land face-first onto the ground. A muffled groan was heard, but she felt no sympathy for it.