Defects

Ayanokoji's Pov

I'm thinking about that girl who was staring at me during the entrance ceremony right now. I didn't sense any hostility from her, but rather a distinct sensation. If there is a chance, I would like to meet her. She appears astute and calculative.

Let us not think about her for the time being. I noticed that some of the students were hostile to class D; I don't blame them; I was embarrassed by what my classmates were doing as well. The placement of the classes, however, is unusual. I noticed that Class A was the most outstanding because of how they behaved during the entrance ceremony, and Class B was the same. Class C is almost identical to the other two classes, but some of them are using phones or talking to each other. In D class...

There is absolutely no hope.

I'd call them uhmmmmm... idiots? Nahhh... They wouldn't be here if they weren't talented. Defects, I believe is the correct term. Defects, indeed.

I changed my mind because of how strict this school was; if my classmates are always like this, we will surely fail. It appears that my peaceful life will be disrupted, and if that occurs, problems will pile up and will undoubtedly affect me.

I believe I must lead them...

"What a strange coincidence." A black-haired girl who thanked me earlier appears. We have seemed to be neighbors.

"You're from earlier... yeah, coincidence can be freaky," I respond in my usual monotone tone.

"Hmmp! Be thankful I'm even talking to you."

Ahhh... That was intriguing.

I decided to ignore her for the time being. She could be useful to me or, at the very least, a friend. In terms of friends, I hadn't made any yet. I suppose I'll make friends later. After that, I observe my classmates. I saw the girl and the blond-haired boy earlier on the bus. Coincidence can be quite strange.

"Hey... I saw what you're reading earlier, and it's the same as mine," the black-haired girl says.

"Oh... yeah, I noticed it as well; we must have the same taste then."

"Do not compare me to you... I am far greater than these defects."That was cold. But what I see is that she is pretending to be tough... Why is this so?

"Sure then..."

"Horikita Susune, that's my name; don't ever forget it, and don't use my first name."

"Ayanokoji Kiyotaka... call me whatever you want"

We quickly ended our conversation because there was no point in going on. Our homeroom teacher finally arrives after a few minutes of waiting. When it comes to her students, she appears strict and likely unforgiving.

"Silence, idiots, we'll start right away."

As I had anticipated

After the teacher finished speaking, my entire class fell silent.

"I'm Chabashira Sae, your homeroom teacher"

Chabashira sensei explains the S-system and the school. It made me even more suspicious. They will never give 500 million to all of the students. This is an elite school, and their plan is to create elite students, which is why they put 100 percent employment in their school's introduction. As usual, these defects are ecstatically thinking about what they want to buy later. For the time being, I will not assist them. I need to find potential allies I can use. Horikita is now on my radar, and that red-haired delinquent looks useful.

Chabashira sensei suddenly speaks up while I'm thinking.

"Do you have any questions?"

I want to, but it will cause a commotion and people will probably laugh and mock me for my stupidity. I'm not interested in them. Nobody can stop me from doing what I want.