9. On the passenger seat

Ayla's POV
After the party

What was I doing in her car ? And why was I feeling safer here than anywhere else ? I was almost falling asleep when I usually had to go through hours of insomnia before being able to rest . She wasn't saying anything, she was just driving and only the ligth music she put on was disturbing the silence of the nigth . It was still raining outside and it wouldn't stop anytime soon so I was glad to be here instead of being alone in the cold night .

What happened earlier was not the first time it happened . He always lost his control when he was drunk . He couldn't help it but I couldn't stand it . He was not that bad, he was just lost I guess, but so was I and right now I didn't find the strengh to forgive him . We've been together for six months but it feels like something's wrong, I feel trapped in a play I don't know the end of, I feel like my character is not made for me like it's someone else's role . I tried so many times to figure out what was wrong with me but I couldn't put my finger on it, I couldn't see what I was doing and why I was doing it . I have a boyfriend, I should be happy right ? After all, he was 'the most handsome guy you could ever dream of' as would say Camille . But today, while I was sitting in this car, with her, I didn't know wether or not he was the right boy for me . He never found the right words, he never knew how to make me feel safe or listened and I couldn't remember why I got with him at first . I guess I wanted to follow the rules, find a boyfriend, get married, have children . But all of this felt sensless, except maybe for the children part, having a little version of myself and being able to give the love I didn't receive could be great .

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Aimee who just parked in front of my house the gleam of a sreetlight lightening her face . She had those dark eyes almost black that seemed to scan you from head to toe whenever she would look at you . I zoned out for a moment before realizing I was staring at her .

"Umm thank you..." I stuttered awkardly opening my door .

"You're welcome...Tell me if you need anything" she smiled as I was standing outside her car talking to her through the open window .

And with that she was gone before I had any chance to say something else .

"I don't have your number" I whispered to myself in the dark night .

___________________________________________
Okay that's a really short one but I just wanted to add Ayla's POV on the ride ;)