22. So what now?

"So... what do we do now?"

"I don't know" I chuckled .

The snow was falling around us, her hair covered by millions of snowflakes .

"We should go back inside" I smiled "You're shivering"

She laughed "Yeah, I'm kind of freezing here" 

"Come on"

We walked silently among the trees followed by the sound of the river, our hands locked together .

"Here we are" she said stopping in front of the house "You first"

"As you wish" I smiled "You know they won't attack you right? And... he's probably gone"

"I know... I just..."

"No need to justify yourself, I get it" I squeezed her hand harder giving her every ounce of strength she could use .

I slowly opened the door but as I put a feet in a hurricane of hugs and shouting welcomed me and Ayla, Justin screaming "I got two gay bestfriends that's so cool!" at the top of his lungs as if the whole world needed to hear it while Jake and Louis were bitching about how Dean had always an "homophobic shit bag" . And right now, nothing could've make me more proud of them, the friends I had always been waiting for .

"Are you okay?" asked Sara as Ayla shyly took a step forward "I was so scared"

"I'm fine? I was in good company" she smiled at me warming my heart for a million years .

"Hey, I made hot chocolate!" shouted Maya carrying a plate full of smoking mugs .

We all sat in the living-room as Louis was bringing blankets while Sara was getting comfy in Justin's arms .

"Okay, one for you, one for you annnd one for you"

"Thanks Louis" I smiled putting the blanket over Ayla and I but I noticed that smiled she used to make when she was uncomfortable .

"Are you okay?" I whispered even though the others were talking too loud for them to hear us .

"Yes" she smiled .

"There" I handed her my phone opening 'notes' .

  New note :
  I'm fine it's just that I'm not that comfortable with, u know, showing my feelings to everyone .

I read her note and smiled at her, typing back :

  It's completely okay Ayla, we don't have to be like Sara and Justin. That's almost as new and weird for you as it is for me .

She gave me a real smile as her eyes read my words and her hand found mine under the blanket her mouth whispering "thank you" .

_____

"One more, one moooore"

"Nope, nope, Justin I've already played Game of Throne theme three times just for you, look, everybody's down" I chuckled seing Maya Sara and Ayla passed out on the cushions, while Louis already went upstairs to sleep .

"Okay..." he grumbled taking Sara in his arms "Night night" . And before climbing the stairs, and because he would always be Justin, he looked at Ayla and then smirked at me his glanced being enough to understand every one of his thoughts . 

"Fuck you" I mouthed unable to refrain a smile .

"Oh no, not me" he laughed before disappearing .

"You think I should wake her up?" Jake asked me looking at an asleep Maya .

"Don't but, could you carry her to her room?" I whispered picking up the spread cushions from the floor .

"O-Okay" he stuttered taking Maya in his arm walking carefully to the stairs "Good night"

"Good night"

I smiled seeing Ayla so peacefully asleep on her ocean of pillows and blankets as if nothing in the world could bother her . So I tried not to wake her up as I took her upstairs, a feeling of déjà vu tickeling my mind . But tonight she is fine .

As I put her on my bed I suddenly stopped . What if she doesn't want me to sleep in the same bed? I mean, maybe she doesn't right? But I cannot wake her up and say 'Hey can I sleep next to you?' . Nope it sounds absolutely stupid . But she's already in my bed . So where am I gonna sleep? Am I overthinking? Like what if she wakes up and-

"Aimee..." she whispered in the darkness .

"Yes" I kneeled next to the bed to hear her .

"Stop thinking for once and just come here" she pulled me into bed and snuggled up to me, her arms embracing me, making all of my tensions vanish in the air like magic .

"Good night..."

__________________
<3