The King's Obsession [Episode 16]

After 2 days

Jungkook: I am not marrying her, Ma!

- Jungkook looked at his mother with his furious eyes.

Luna walked near her son and sat beside him. She caressed his head and smiled.

Luna: I am not pressuring you. But it would be really bad if you reject the beautiful princess.

Jungkook looked away from his mother and let out a sigh.
Jungkook: I'm not ready to get married. I will marry anyone before I prove myself that I am a warrior not just a so-called Prince.

Jungkook laid down on his mother's lap

Jungkook: beside this I like somebody else

Luna: you do?

-She asked well caressing his hair.

???: Who's that lucky girl prince?

- The moment between son and mother was interrupted by the king entering in his room.

Luna: Jimin? What are you doing here?

- Luna wants to get up but Jungkook forced her to sit on the bed, his head still on her laps.

Jimin: I am here to spend some time with my young brother, ma.

- Jungkook let out a scoff and looked away from the king.

Jimin: you're being a bratty towards your hyung, Jungkook.

Luna: Jungkook, get up, show some respect to your brother.

Jimin: let him rest, ma. I think I interrupted your moment.

Jungkook: you did.

*Jimin smiled at his brother's attitude*

Jimin: you sure are my favorite sibling, Jungkook. Otherwise I would have punished you for your behavior towards the king.

Jungkook: I am sorry, King. I was just saying the truth that you sure interrupted us.

Luna: Jungkook?! Show some respect!

Now it was Luna who raised her voice and scolded her son. Jungkook rolled his eyes and got up from his bed, bowing in front of the king.

Jimin: I know you're pretty upset with me Prince. I still don't know the reason. No one in the palace will burden you to marry princess Jennie. I will give you some time to think on it.

Jungkook: I don't want to marry her. I already have someone that I like.

- Jimin's expression changed into a indignant look.

Jimin: sometimes, we don't get what we like, Jungkook. I hope you would get what I am saying.

- Jimin bowed towards his mother and walked our of the room.

Namjoon: My Lord?

-The king was stopped by commander.

Jimin: what's the matter?

Namjoon: we got a information from the outskirts of Busan province that daejeon is heading towards our kingdom.

Jimin: how many troops they have?

Namjoon: they have very few. According to their move I don't think they've any intentions of attacking. I guess they will be here soon for their princess.

Namjoon: they'll arrive here within 3 days.

Jimin: let then in. Today we have to go to island for a treaty. Prepare for it.

Namjoon: Yes, your majesty.

Time skips

Yn: why are you cooking this much rice?

Hana: to make rice balls for the prisoners.

- One of the maid said.

Your eyes widened and looked at Hana in shock.

Yn: w-ehat? 5his food is going to dungeon?

Hana: umm...yes.

Hana: every month special food is send for prisoners. They are always give the bread loaf and milk.

Yn: really? To every prisoner?

Hana: yes.

Yn: can 8npr4pare their food?

- Hana frowned and looked at your desperate face.

Hana: but I am in charge-

Yn: please.

- cana couldn't take her eyes of your eyes full of desperation.

Hana: umm...Okay. but make sure to be quick.

Yn: O-okay.

Taehyung: we should get going queen Erica.

- He said with a mocking tone.

Taehyung; thanks for taking care of us for these 2 days. I wished that I would meet the king but he seems busy with the preparation of the treaty with Ulsan.

Taehyung stepped forward towards the queen and whispered.

Taehyung: My sister is very stubborn Princess. And daegu gives everything to her, what she demands. It could be your little prince too.

Taehyung: I gave you 1 week time. Two days has passed. 5 days are in your hands. Think on it. I'll be waiting for your letter, queen.

Taehyung: give me her or witness your son slipping from your hand and losing the princess of daegu and his throne to Jungkook.

Erica raged with anger, her hands clutched tightly, her nerves on her arm popping out.

Taehyung: I know you will think wisely. I'll take my leave, queen.

Yn POV

Dahyun: yn, are you ready?

Yn: Ready for what?

Dahyun: king is leaving for Ulsan to sign the treaty. You should leave with the other maids too as you're his personal servant.

Yn: W-what? Nobody informed me.

Dahyun: what are you doing here?

Yn: umm preparing meal for the prisoners.

Dahyun: are you done with cooking?

Yn: yeah. I'll get ready.

Dahyun: you should be quick.

Yn: are you coming with us?

Dahyun: unfortunately no. Hana will accompany you.

Time skips

I glanced at Hana who was walking effortlessly. It wasn't just few miles we walked and I was already feeling tired.

Hana: you don't seem like having a habit of walking this much, Yn.

Yn: not actually. I never had this much work out in my life.

Hana: you sure were princess. What life of princess you had, yn?

Yn: I had a simple life. I was very fond of archery. My elder brother use from teach me. I used to like horse riding, sword fight, playing hide and seek, going for hunt, most the activities that my brother's, the prince's did.

Hana: used to? Don't you like to do those stuff now?

Yn: things changed after the war we had against Busan.

Hana: it's been 3 years to that deadly war. I am glad that Busan and daejeon is in good terms. Nobody knee the reason behind the war except the royal family. Do you know the reason?