The King's Obsession [Episode 34]

Next morning

Yoongi yanked the door open and glared at his younger brother who was ideally sitting on the chair, playing the chess alone. Yoongi: Do you have any explanations, Kim Taehyung?!

Taehyung's calm gaze fall on his elder brother and smiled.

Taehyung: What kind of explanations, Yoongi?

-Yoongi's blood raged in anger and dashed towards his brother.

Yoongi slammed his hand on the table, making the small black & white pieces fall on the chess board. Taehyung's smile dropped and glared at Yoongi.

Taehyung: What's with this behavior, Yoongi?

-Yoongi pulled out the button which he found yesterday near Rose's body and placed

it on the table.

Yoongi: Now you've something to explain me?

-Taehyung stared at the button and then at his brother.

Taehyung: That's not mine.

Yoongi: You're my younger brother, Tae! I know every details of your clothes you wear. I checked your wardrobe and found the button of one of your coat is missing.

Taehyung looked back at his chess board and rolled his tongue through inner cheek. Yoongi: Why did you do that?! Y'know that I loved her!

-Taehyung got up from his seat and turned around his brother.

Taehyung: Hey. Litsen to me...

He whispered softly, his hand caressing the back of Yoongi's head.

Taehyung: I would never do anything to hurt you. Don't you believe your own brother?

-Yoongi closed his eyes and nodded his head.

Taehyung: I will never be this much low to have my pride back, I am a warrior

and I would never kill an unarmed person.

Yoongi: T-then who did this?

-Taehyung took his seat on the chair and started to rearrange the spawns on the chess board.

Taehyung: I might knew that person but I am not sure enough.

-He moved his bishop diagonally on the chess board.

Yoongi: Why you always play chess alone?

Taehyung: Because there's nobody to beat me in chess except myself.

-Taehyung smiled at his brother

Taehyung: And I am not playing the chess. I am just planning for my next move.

People in this palace are like the pawns in the chess. They orderly moves and

tries to kill eachother.

Yoongi: *smiles* You can beat yourself in the chess because you already know the

next move. -Taehyung stopped his movements and looked at Yoongi.

Yoongi: Are you coming to her funeral?

Taehyung: No. I have some work.

Yoongi went out of the room leaving suspicious Taehyung alone. He looked at the

button.

Taehyung: This button is sure mine. But I wasn't even near her yesterday night.

Taehyung: Someone tried to frame me in the murder of princess. Someone that

knows my next move.

-Taehyung got up when realization hit him.

Taehyung: should attend the funeral.

-Taehyung grabbed his coat and went outside the room.

The King stood infront of his cousin's coffin and stared at her face. The atmosphere was cool and quiet. The sun was about to rise, the dark blue sky made the surrounding visible.

Pastor: Receive the Lord's blessing. The Lord bless you and watch over you. The Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you. The Lord look kindly on you and give you peace; In the Name of the Father, and of the Son+ and of the Holy Spirit. "Congregation: "Amen."

With the last words of pastor, burials closed the coffin. Jimin heard Rose's father and mother crying.

Jessica: I need justice for my daughter, King! Who killed my daughter?!

-Her mother spoke while crying in her husband's arms.

Namjoon watched from the distant. His cheeks stained by dried tears. He looked

around and noticed you and Jungkook was missing and he wasn't alone to notice it.

Jimin: Where's Jungkook, Ma?

Luna: He denied to attend the funeral. He was already devastated from your father's

death now he can't tolerate Rose's death.

Jimin nodded, understanding the situation of his younger brother.

Jimin turned around towards his whole royal family.

Jimin: I will try my best to find the culprit who broke into our palace and killed our

royal princess.

Jimin: But don't assume that I would let go off the royal people of our palace.

There could be a possibilities that the culprit is among us.

Yoongi glared at Taehyung and Taehyung just shrugged lazily.

777: It's obviously that Daejeon girl Jimin: Accusing someone without any proof is not our taste, Jaebum!

-Jimin raised his voice as one of the prince spoke.

Erica: Then where is she, King? She was supposed to be with them.

Erica looked at Dahyun and Hana who were standing with other servants.

Jimin: She was with me the whole night, Queen Erica. She is not feeling well so she is resting in my room. Any further questions regarding to the princess of Daejeon? ???: Why is she in your room?

Jimin: None of your business. Any more questions? Luna: Jimin? What about your wedding, it was supposed to be held tomorrow?

Jimin paused for a bit to think about the answer. Erica: Obviously the wedding has to be postpone Taehyung: No! The wedding will not be postponed.

-Taehyung emerged from the crowd while glaring at Queen Erica.

Jimin raised his one of his eyebrows and looked at Taehyung. Jimin: Why so rush, prince?

Taehyung: It doesn't seem nice for an unmarried princess to remain in other's
palace.

Taehyung: And my father already left Daegu yesterday night. I don't want my father and my whole royal family to go back to Daegu empty hands. Our pride matters,

King!

-Taehyung spoke with his loud voice.

The King remained silent as this was not the topic to discuss in the funeral. King

nodded his head and quickly made his way away from the royals. One by one the royals were going towards the palace. Taehyung looked at Queen

Erica who was making her steps towards the palace.

Taehyung: Queen Erica, I need to talk with you.

-The Queen stopped her feet and turned around towards the prince.

Taehyung stood patiently infront of the Queen, waiting for other royal people to go

away and to leave them alone.

Erica: What's the matter, Prince?

Taehyung: Why you killed her?