TWO~ ACTIVITY FAIR

My Limbs are aching from being in a cramped area for 10 hours straight in the air. I'm not even sure if that is healthy especially the way i'm feeling now. Despite this i'm sat at my desk, researching if there is anything to actually do in my area as i am not going to spend my life confined in these 6 by 6 walls all semester.

About half an hour into my research, my phone begins to vibrate from where it is placed on my bed. stretching i grab it off my bed from where i'm sat and answer it.
"hey sweetie, just called to check you got there all in one piece and hope you've settled in well."

i roll my eyes as my mums voice filters through the phone, despite have having a nap i don't know when i'll ever be in the mood to talk to her.

"hi mum, im fine"
"was your roomate nice? i know how daunting it can be in those sort of situations."

a smile creeps at my mouth as my roomate genuinely wasn't anywhere near as bad as i thought they'd be. She has gone out for food and has been out for the last hour or so leaving me alone to settle in as much as i can. I don't want to give my mum the satisfaction of saying this though so i choose to play it down not wanting a full lecture on my first day.

"yeah she could be worse, how are Tom and Jess?"

i would love to hear their voices but due to the time difference i'm pretty sure my mum will be the only one awake.
"they are okay, missing you though. You excited to start your classes?"

"yes mum i'm buzzing, i really have had this energy boost to write a novel and biography on my very exciting life especially since moving here." i force out in the most bored tone i could.

"You are going to try you hear me? you are not coming back otherwise. Join a club get out there. i know your not too thrilled about the whole college experience, but at least meet people and have fun okay? Don't hide yourself in your music rabbit hole."

"mum i want to produce my stuff, this place isn't going to do that" she will never understand i don't even know why i try.

" okay but your there now and music isn't so you have to try Abbi."

before my mum could continue on why this is so important, Kay popped her head through the door and whispered about some activity's fair.

i waste no time in excusing myself from the phone call and hanging up with a brisk goodbye, and then grab my stuff with a sigh of relief before following her out the door.
" You don't know how much torture you've just saved me from, i don't even know how i can repay you."

"you know what i have been craving? a chocolate milkshake, that'd be nice"

"deal"

* * * *

Me and Kay have been wondering around for the last half an hour as she sips on her milkshake which we had picked up at the local McDonalds before heading out to the main area to find a bunch of stools.

I passed science stools, tech stools, Dj stools which did look interesting till i found out they were deaf and wouldn't be able to understand a word i said.
so i moved on to the next swiftly.

i had split up with Kay a few mins ago as she has excused her self very politely. she had obviously spotted some of her friends that she had already known it seemed.

Kay comes across very well i'm not surprised that she makes friends as quick as she has as she is a very easy person to talk to. i appreciate her for being my roommate, i've obviously hit the jackpot.

in front of me is a stool to apply to jobs around the area and i pick out a job for a local Radio station and i quickly sign myself up as it looked like the perfect break i'm going to need from this place.