FIVE~ AUDITIONS 'crushed it'

Audition day for my A cappella dream to take place. Who am i kidding, not even a week ago i despised the idea of it now i'm actually going. When i came back from the showers to tell Kay shat happened she was ecstatic. She always wanted me to go and now i am more motivated than before so that made it all the better.

I had woken up earlier with an alarm to get properly ready for it. At the moment it's 11am and i have a few hours till the actual audition takes place. I have taken time to do my facial routine and makeup the best i can as it's import to at least try.

I know i'm not a very clean person but i know looking presentable is a must for the bella's so i make a slight effort but not a ton. I keep my eyeliner as despite their ideal image i'm not changing that, but i do a light face with contour, blush, brows, concealer and mascara.

I put on a tight fitted navy long sleeve top with a low dip collar with lace which goes into a soft triangle. I compliment this with a pair of low rise jeans slightly darker than the shirt, and top it off with a pair of hoop earrings and a necklace my dad gave me years ago.

"you look amazing, Abbs you're going to smash it!" she is my hype woman and i'm here for it. I can't help but grin as i am finally ready to leave.

"Do you mind coming to grab lunch with me beforehand i haven't eaten and i'm starving".
I am answered with Kay's stomach rumbling and we both can't help but laugh.

"i guess that answers your question, let's go you lovable idiot."
i grab my bag and we leave and make our way down the street in search of a cafe to grab a quick lunch before the audition.

If i said i was chill i'd be lying.

I have been practicing the song non stop despite already knowing it pretty well in hopes that i don't stutter and mess up the whole song in general.

I'm happy Kay came out with me, i really needed a distraction from the audition as i don't think stressing is the best option.

"so tell me, i haven't asked but how come you've moved out here like i know your British but what's the hype of Barden University that made you move half way across the world for."

We are now sat down eating a sandwich each which i also ordered with a hot latte hoping to boost my mood.

"my mum. she sent me here so it was not my choice"
"wow don't talk that much Jesus" we both laugh at her obvious sarcasm so i decide to elaborate.

"I wasn't doing particularly well in school and everything, and when i say this is one of the only places that would take me i'm not even lying." i'm about to finish but decide to carry on slightly.

"also my dream is to be some singer who can release her own stuff to the world and do well. i'd love to be in the music industry but my mum has tried to put the idea out since the moment i mentioned it pretty much."

she listens intently almost in shock of what i've just said.
"why the hell would she do that! your talented as fuck"

"yeah well tell my mum that and she'd give you an essay on how your wrong, she wants me to be able to do the same. That's why i think she made me take this english course. Why she decided to send me here? i think it's her forcing me to grow up as she thinks my dreams are childish."

"well i think she's wrong and your going to prove her wrong today yeah? your Abbi fricken' Steinfield. She better be prepared, the world better be prepared more like."

I can't help but laugh at her over estimation of me, but i do appreciate it. it's nice to have someone believe in me for a change.

We end up chatting just about life and what's going on in the world before packing our stuff and eventually strolling over to the audition that could make or break me.