TWELVE~ JOURNEY TO REMEMBER

it's always a Normal day when you are mid way through your english essay and a song, that you sing, starts streaming through the radio.  Well that just happened.

I couldn't contain myself so i sprinted as fast as i could to the radio studio to catch Luke in the booth playing one of the tracks I had sent over to Beca about a month back. I also caught sight of Beca clad in the same Bellas uniform i'm inwith a matching grin yelling through into the booth her own excitement.

I cant help but quicken my pace to catch up with Beca as what she had done with the piece i had sent through was genuinely stunning and no way near something i'm able to do.
"holy crap your playing my song! this is awesome! you like it? you put it on the radio. that is amazing!"
Beca can't help the random things spewing out of her mouth at fast speeds due to the excitement that is just buzzing inside.

"Beca what the hell this is amazing, why didn't you tell me you done this." I reach her side and share a face splitting grin with her not being able to contain ourselves.

Before she can reply Luke steps outside the booth and matches my smile as he exits.
"sick beat, and the vocals? I didn't even know you could sing Abbi."
"yeah i always though her voice was great."
i look up to see Jesse perched up on the second floor obviously taking a shift at the moment. i don't look long as i haven't spoken to him after the incident from the other week. i'm not ready to talk yet either.

"Both of you listen, spring break, i want you to take the night shift. okay your music. the DJ at the garage does a brilliant version of this but yours ? it's better."
"yeah it is" Beca replies on behalf of both of us.
i can't help it, my self confidence in my work has never been higher, like i'm on the god damn radio if that doesn't prove my work is good i don't know what will.

That's when my mind clicks and realisation takes over. My eyes flick up towards the balcony to see a Jessie's face has fallen and a somber look greets his face. I had promised to spend Spring break with him and his family but right now i honestly don't know where i stand with him.

"i'm going to listen to it tonight, i think you two should come with"
" We have a thing..."
my heart sinks even further a little as i realise we both have the semi- finals today and as much as i would like to i cant not show. Aubrey would chop our heads off and most likely put it on a stick like a kebab warning other Bella's not to do the same.

"flight attendant training?"
"no it's called the Barden Bella's? We have the semi-finals tonight" I smile shyly diverting my attention back to Luke and away from the fallen smile on Jessie's face which only made my frown stronger despite such an amazing opportunity being given to me.
"really? i did not have you pegged as a Capella girls"
i don't know how to respond to that but thankfully there isn't much to say as Jesse decides to walk past.

"cause you don't know Abbs like i do, see you both tonight." 
i try not to let that bring my mood down, despite the almost disappointed look he was shooting me with, as i watch him exit the studio.Luke has returned to the booth so i turn up the volume of the radio to hear our song more clearly in hopes it makes the situation the more real. I will never get over how surreal this is.

However, my eyes filter back over to where Jessie has just disappeared from with a small frown on my face knowing that i may have just fucked up the only plans i had planned for the break. Beca realises and sends me a sympathetic smile before making her way out of the shop expecting me to follow her.

*    *    *    *

As i was already ready in my outfit along with Beca we decided to make a quick sprint from the radio station. We made our way straight to where the mini bus was parked at the schools premises thoroughly out of breath. I have made sure to pack well and bring my headphones and phone fully charged knowing i didn't want to communicate with anyone on such a long journey.