CHAPTER 22

"Happiness is irritating your best friend in the most insane way." 

- SUYOG POTDAR

^^^

Harshad pulled away a minute later, cupping Kiara's small, round face in his large, rough hands. "I am sorry..." he apologised, sounding sincere.

"Aww... they are so adorable," Aditi muttered, leaning more into Dhruv's shoulder.

Aditi's comment made Kiara realise their position, and she moved backwards, putting a gap between them. Harshad had a sheepish smile as they walked out of the amusement park.

"I enjoyed the day with you," Avni confessed, making Harshad laugh.

"So, you approve of me?" Harshad questioned, making Avni stare at him in confusion.

"You hadn't approved my friendship with your friend on our first visit. You were very much suspicious about my existence. I hope, your doubts are cleared." Avni smiled at his statement.

"Agreed, I wasn't impressed by you on the first meet. I considered you as someone..."

"Over friendly? Creepy person?" Avni was going to justify but Harshad continued, "believe me I had heard worse."

"So, the statement is true. Never judge a book by its cover."

"Exactly! And don't you ever judge it with the first chapter as well." Harshad winked making Avni giggle, shaking her head in disbelief.

"I should be ready for more surprises?" Avni played along with him.

Yami and Kiara moved towards Harshad car to find them engrossed in a conversation. "He is never going to change." Commented Yami as they moved towards them after departing from their other friends.

Kiara glared at them, "Avni, Dhruv was waiting for you. Are you coming with us?" She inquired making Avni nervous. Avni avoided eye contact with Kiara. She wasn't planning to share Aditi's hostile attitude towards her. Not in front of Yami and Harshad.

"Maybe she wants to spend some time with me." Murmured Harshad, placing an arm around Avni's shoulder. "Don't be jealous of our friendship." Kiara glared in his direction.

"Why shouldn't I be jealous?" Kiara countered back; her hands folded around her chest. "My all friends are supporting you instead of me. You just owned them within a day." Kiara narrowed her eyes at Avni.

"I don't know about others Kiara but I will be always there for you," Yami said making Kiara raise her brow in question.

"Really? The view was different a few minutes back. You people were supporting him. Even you Avni," she stared at Avni in disbelief. "You had challenged him and still you were in his team." She pouted making Harshad stare at her in adoration.

Harshad was getting to witness a completely different side of Kiara. A lady that was far more shade than a workaholic colleague. The woman that had hidden child behind her reserved, mature spirit. The person standing before her was arguing with her friend on a silly topic while she hadn't voiced a word against Dhruv announcing to marry Aditi. She hadn't shown her displeasure.

"Kiara, you know I can't be ever against you. It was just that he met us for the first time. I didn't want him to be embarrassed in the crowd and maybe I desperately wanted you to try some rides." Avni made a sorry face as she reached for Kiara. "You're still my favourite person and none is going to change it."