CHAPTER 27

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart." 

-ELEANOR ROOSEVELT

^^^

Dhruv had walked away, not wanting to waste his time any longer in Harshad's presence. Aditi hadn't followed him as she was more curious about the couple in each other embrace. "What's wrong with Bhai?" Amrita grumbled to herself, trying to reason out things happening before her. Amrita could sense Harshad's growing interest in Kiara, but she was sure Kiara had no feelings involved, but Dhruv's change in behaviour was troubling her.

"Maybe he is exhausted with last night happening. You know he is also protective towards us and Kiara's disappearance had troubled him." Avni felt the need to justify Dhruv's actions.

"Yes! And he has always been more protective towards Kiara." Aditi commented faking a smile at Avni.

Avni was finding it difficult to have a proper conversation with Aditi for the last few days. She often felt that Aditi was holding some grudge against them, especially against her and Kiara. She wasn't like the same, enthusiastic, friendly, bossy Aditi they had grown used to. Even as they had spent a few days under the same roof Aditi's attention revolved around Dhruv. As if Aditi no longer was their friend but Dhruv's would-be-wife. Maybe Aditi had accepted Dhruv as a companion, she was getting emotionally attached to him. And maybe for that reason, Avni felt that Aditi was detaching from them as Avni had never seen her engrossed in any relationship before.

"Are you planning to sit there for an entire day?" Yami inquired in a teasing manner as she found Harshad wasn't moving an inch. His eyes rooted on Kiara and that beautiful smile not leaving his face.

"Shh! Don't disturb me, I hardly get time to stare at her without objection." Harshad muttered, "and I had annoyed her a lot last night, she deserves some moments of rest."

"Aww... I had a feeling that you were interested in me, handsome." Avni grumbled making Amrita giggle softly. "You broke my heart." Avni voiced in a dramatic manner.

"You people look like siblings than a couple." Amrita commented to Avni, "but I am sure Kiara has no interest in you, Harshad." She voiced it out with confidence. "Don't get me wrong but she said..."

"I know, I am aware that she has no interest in me. And neither do I have any interest in her." Harshad commented, "I am not a guy of commitment. I hate that concept," Harshad tone got serious as he voiced it out. As he turned he found Kiara was staring at him with an unreadable expression. Harshad frowned on not being able to read her the way he had mastered her.

Kiara averted her gaze from him, pulling herself away from him. Kiara kept her gaze lowered not wanting to deal with the questioning gaze of her friends. Her mind was revolving around the words that had registered in her brain as she woke from her sleep. Harshad mentioned that he wasn't interested in her and the way he hated the concept of commitment. She was aware of it. She knew that Harshad wasn't a guy that took relationships seriously, he was a guy to flirt around not a person to commit with a girl for his entire life.

Kiara was aware of his nature. She knew that those flirting was meaningless to him. Then why did her heartache at the thought of Harshad announcing he wasn't interested in her? It wasn't like she was interested in him. How could it ever be possible? Her feelings were attached to Dhruv. She had no feeling involved with Harshad. She even hadn't missed him when she was spending time with her cousin. Kiara often missed Dhruv's presence but never felt Harshad disappearance. No! She had lost her mind. There wasn't anything! Maybe it was her ego that was damaged on finding that a guy was finding her uninteresting.