CHAPTER 54

Harshad was waiting patiently for a visitor in a café. His finger tapped continuously on the table due to impatience. The minute a familiar feature entered the café, he shoot his gaze at the person.

Dhruv passed a hesitant smile at Harshad. "Hi! Why you wanted to meet me so urgently?" Dhruv inquired, grabbing a chair.

"What are you trying to do?" Harshad scowled at him as Dhruv stared at him in confusion. "I am not in the mood to initiate the conversation in a light way. So, I will directly come to the point." Harshad waited for a moment. "Why are you faking your relationship with Aditi?"

Dhruv's orbs enlarged, and it took him a minute to handle himself. "What are you talking about why would..."

"Stop faking it! I had mentioned it clearly before, I won't come in your acts."

Dhruv stared at Harshad for a minute longer. "Who told you about it?" He inquired sounding restless. "Does Kiara..."

"No! She doesn't!" Harshad informed, "I wasn't planning to add more tension to her complicated life. Why can't you provide her with peace? Why do you keep troubling her?"

"Our relationship ending has nothing to do with Kiara." Dhruv growled in rage, "so stop accusing me!"

"Your claim won't stop her from blaming herself."

"I can't do anything about it." Dhruv hissed, "if she wants to blame herself she can go with it." Dhruv averted his gaze taking a sip from the glass.

"Are you attempting to display that you don't care about her? If you're then you're failing miserably." Harshad pointed gaze was fixed on him.

Dhruv hesitated to glance into Harshad's accusing orbs. "You have feelings for her, right? You like her." It wasn't a question but rather a confident statement as if he had no doubt on the matter.

"Have you started imagining things?" Dhruv acted defensive, chuckling nervously. "Is your insecurity speaking? Don't worry, I have no interest in her."

"Are you sure?" Harshad raised his brow, "there isn't anything in your heart for her?"

"There is nothing," Dhruv's eyes stared straight into Harshad's orbs.

"If that is so then why you kept things hidden from Kiara about your relationship?" Harshad pointed out, "you requested Avni not to mention it to Kiara because you were aware that she will blame herself if she gets to know about the matter. You have even kept the truth hidden that Aditi has started to date someone."

"Did Avni tell you the truth?" Dhruv sounded displeased, his face showered with disappointment.

"You told me the truth," Harshad muttered, Dhruv stared at him in a puzzle.

Harshad removed his cell, clicked on something and a voice record started playing. Dhruv was startled by listening to his own voice and the conversation that had happened last night.

"Aditi!" Dhruv exclaimed as the recording came to the end. "I had warned her not to say a word..."

"She hadn't said a word," Harshad pointed out. "And I am glad she didn't shut her mouth for long." Harshad kept glaring at Dhruv. "Are you even aware of what your small fear had done to Kiara? Can't you see her tears? How can you allow your mere fear to override your decision? Doesn't her happiness holds any importance in your life?" Harshad was growling in anger at Dhruv's foolishness. "Only if I was you," he expressed his displeasure. "What would I have not given to receive the love offered to you."