CHAPTER 51

"The love like yours I have never seen before." 

-SANJH

^^^

Harshad rushed into the house with clear exasperation. "How dare him!" He was growling loudly, grabbing the attention of Dinesh Mathur who was engrossed in reading an article. He frowned at seeing his son in such a bad mood.

"What's the matter, son?" He inquired settling the magazine back on the table.

Harshad stared at Dinesh for a minute before taking a step toward him. "Have you ever come across Ahuja's?" He inquired sounding desperate. He was in rush to prove his father innocent.

Dinesh seemed confused as he shook his head. "Which Ahuja's are you talking about?"

"Have you ever come across a daughter of Rajeev Ahuja?" He placed it clearly before him.

"As much as I can recollect. I don't know any Rajeev Ahuja, who is he?"

"Kiara's father was claiming that you were responsible for his daughter's death. How can someone put such a false claim? Putting your reputation at stake because of his dislike towards me. I can tolerate my humiliation but none has the right to pull you in between the matter." Harshad was gripping the arms of the sofa tightly, attempting hard to calm his anger.

"What are you talking about? What claims? Why would Kiara's father do that?"

"I don't know but I won't forgive him for that." Without uttering a word he rushed upstairs, banging his door loudly as he entered his room.

Dinesh stared at his retreating figure lost in thought.

___

Avni was keenly observing Kiara as she kept her gaze focused on the television screen. "For how long are you attempting to ignore the matter?" Avni asked finding that Kiara wasn't going to initiate the conversation. "You are so restless without talking to him."

"I am not the one who kept things hidden, Avni. He had broken my trust. How could he hide such a thing from me?"

"Do you believe in your uncle's words?"

"I can never trust him." Kiara hissed at the mention of Ranbir. Avni noticed the change but didn't voice a word about it.

"Then what's the problem?" Avni inquired.

"The problem is he kept a thing hidden from me and he hadn't voiced a justification about it. He hadn't placed a call."

"You can call and visit Dhruv without him uttering a word but have a problem with me." Kiara was shooting daggers at Avni but she raised her hand in surrender. "His words not mine."

"You should stop acting like a mediator between us." Kiara groaned in return.

"I would love to if you both behave like an adult and attempt to sort things between you two." Kiara darted her gaze back on the screen at Avni's statement. "He misses you, Kiara."

"I know..." Kiara pouted watching the screen. "But why can't he simply call?"

"Why can't you initiate it first?"

"What if, I am bothering him?"

"Do you think that you will ever bother him?" Avni shook her head, "his tongue never gets enough of you. Though he is talking to me it's always about you. That how annoying you're, how much you frustrate him, how much you test his patience."