CHAPTER 49

"Memories are a way of holding things you love, the things you're, and the things you never want to lose." 

- KEVIN ARNOLD

Harshad stood from his chair, his eyes darting at every corner. Those dark orbs were staring curiously at him, numerous faces staring at him with high-profiled expectations.

Harshad loosen his tie as he passed a smile at the co-partners he was going to represent the presentation on the project assigned to him. One figure stood from the crowd as he had the most assuring smile on his face as he encouraged his son to start with the presentation.

Harshad smiled back at Mr. Mathur, he spare a glance at the audience before his eyes darted to the screen before him. "As you are aware we have joined together in a mission of connecting more people to our media. We have a tough job competing with other channels. But I will like to turn your attention to a different topic related to our goal."

He passed a warm smile, pointing his finger at the screen. "Those are the pictures of a small firm working under our branch." He went through some pictures he had clicked in his ex-office. "I was working under the firm as an employee and came across many aspects that might have gone unnoticed if I hadn't taken the job." His eyes darted to his father as if proving to himself that his decision wasn't wrong.

"We are so wrapped up in the race of coming first that we fail to realize, are we doing our job properly?" Harshad stared at them curiously to find them staring at him in confusion.

"What are you trying to initiate?" A member voiced out in exasperation. "We had worked in this manner for years. You can't simply work in the firm and point out our errors." He sounded offended as his stern gaze met senior Mathur as if degrading his idea of choosing Harshad as the successor.

"I am not pointing out the flaws but suggesting ways to improve." Harshad attempted to convince him.

"It's the same," he groaned.

"No, it isn't. I am not pointing out how the old system was bad but suggesting ways to make it more productive. I want you people not to concentrate on increasing our traffic but concentrate on the main goal of the media. We are meant to provide the audience with news, and information that could be a help not a way to provide more horror, and fear in their life. In an attempt to increase trafficking will concentrate on and exaggerate the illogical news, the news that shouldn't be given importance, and at times we just exaggerate the truth to make it spicy for the audience. That's not how audiences, especially youth minds work. They don't want irrelevant information, they are not going to believe each word printed on the paper or shown on the screen. We need to earn the audience's trust so they will come back to us."

There was silence for a minute as Harshad voiced out his suggestion. The audience was staring at him with unreadable expressions. Mr. Mathur stood from the chair and the rest followed with clapping their hands and rounds of praises followed.

Harshad had a warm smile receiving it, "thanks." He was glad to find that everyone supported his views. "So, from today our mission will be gaining the trust of our audience by providing them with authentic news as much as we can." Everyone nodded in agreement.

"We had never viewed things in this manner." The same individual that had opposed Harshad spoke. "Mr. Mathur you were correct, the young generation isn't a source of destruction but can help us to look at the world from a different perspective." He smiled at Harshad, "I will try to take your suggestion into consideration."

"Thank you, Mr. Agarwal." Harshad passed him a warm smile. "We young generation won't be able to move an ant if we don't have your support."

Mr. Agarwal smiled and patted Harshad's shoulder. "You are well-mannered as well; I must say you have impressed me with your skills at such a small age. I can imagine how wonderful this firm will progress in your hand." With those words, he walked out and the rest followed him as well.