CHAPTER 28

"You are another wish that cannot come true." 

- Unknown 

^^^

"No need," Kiara objected. "I am fine," she wiped her nose with the handkerchief. "You don't have to cancel the plan for me."

"Kiara, you are aware that you're allergic to colds. And I don't think this surrounding is going to be of help." Avni interjected, walking towards a set of bags and removing a blanket from the treasure.

"I wasn't aware you're allergic to colds or I would have never suggested this place." Harshad sounded guilty, Avni wrapping the blanket around Kiara's shoulder. "You even got drenched last night. Oh shit! Only if I was aware."

"That was the reason I was getting concerned," Dhruv growled walking towards Kiara, he glared at Aditi. "You were questioning my concern over Kiara. Now see the result!" Muttered Dhruv wrapping his arm around Kiara and pulling her closer to him. "And you had to behave stubborn drenching in rain rather than walking some distance and spending a night in a comfortable car." He was shooting daggers at her.

"We had walked for half an hour, Dhruv. Don't you dare declare me lazy, I was utterly exhausted." Kiara groaned leaning more into his chest as she was getting drained with the continuous sneezing.

"Let's get you home." He muttered in her hair as he pecked a kiss over there.

"Not home, mom and dad will lecture me."

"You deserve their lecture for your carelessness."

"Please, Dhruv..." she whined making Dhruv melt.

"Fine... but let's first leave from here."

___

"Dhruv, it's just a cold," Kiara grumbled finding Dhruv glancing in her direction every second. He had forced Kiara to sit on the passenger seat as he wasn't desiring to let Kiara escape from his eyes for a minute.

"I know..." he growled making Kiara have a slight smile on her lip.

After their argument a few hours back she doubted if they would even have a normal conversation. But their friendship was weird, Dhruv was dying of concern. "It had happened only once, Dhruv. You should forgive yourself for it." Kiara whispered softly on finding Dhruv's grip tightened on the streeling wheel. His eyes were fixed on the road before him, his jaw clenched.

Aditi was witnessing the moment with a scowl on her face, Avni's orbs frequently glanced in Aditi's direction. Avni was getting the hint that Aditi was growing jealous of Kiara. She was burning with insecurities. Was she aware of something others had no idea about? Was she insecure because she could see Dhruv's craving for Kiara's attention? Was Dhruv really in love with Aditi or not?

"What are they talking about?" Harshad inquired getting curious. A sudden spark of jealousy had controlled his spirit but he was more concerned about Kiara's health to allow the feeling to have control over him.

"A few years back, bhai was just eleven and Kiara was as well. They had drenched in rain due to bhai's stubbornness and later Kiara's health got bitter as she wasn't able to breathe, she has asthma and it triggers at times. The cold environment and change in climate trigger her allergy to cold and frequent sneezing which makes her breathing level decline. Kiara was admitted to the hospital, she could hardly take in any oxygen. That incident scared the shit out of bhai. Even today he doesn't like mentioning that day. That's the reason whenever Kiara's allergy is triggered he grows over-protective just like today." Amrita explained this to Yami and Harshad.