CHAPTER 26

"A broken heart in real life isn't half as dreadful as it is in the books. It takes spells of aching and gives you a sleepless night now and then, but between times it lets you enjoy life and dreams as if there were nothing the matter with it." 

- LM. MONTGOMERY 

^^^

"I think it's another way around." Harshad grumbled, switching the flashlight on his cell. The path was getting trickier as they kept walking. "I had shared the location with Avni," Harshad shook his head as he attempted to call.

"Who are you calling?" Kiara asked in confusion as her eyes scanned for any sight of a human.

"Trying to contact anyone of them." Harshad muttered and cursed a minute later, "shit! No network!" He muttered some curses under his breath.

"Who even asked you to select such a forest that had no coverage of network?" Kiara grumbled as her tense orbs glanced around. "What are we going to do, now?" Kiara sounded exhausted as she wiped off the sweat forming on her forehead.

"Going to walk back to the car?" Harshad suggested, switching his cell off and on to find if the network could be available but his effort was wasted.

"What? Are you kidding me? We had covered half an hour's distance. I am not going back." Kiara argued making Harshad narrow his eyes at her.

"Don't behave like a lazy woman. That's the only option left! What if anyone of them came back in our search?" He suggested but Kiara ignored it, sitting down on the stone beside her.

"You can carry on with your plan. I am not coming!" She argued making Harshad growl at her in frustration.

"Kiara! Don't behave stubbornly... you can't be left alone in this forest. Come..." Harshad was going to force her but she interrupted him.

"I am fine! You can leave..."

"Fine!" Grumbling in exhaustion, Harshad sat beside Kiara. "Stubborn woman!" He muttered under his breath but Kiara could hear it.

Silence prevailed around them for a few minutes, the wind blowing along with crickets making noises were the source of sound surrounding them. "I had heard someone wasn't fond of acting as a saviour," Kiara whispered on finding Harshad wasn't attempting to have a conversation with her.

Harshad eyes were fixed on the cell not glancing at Kiara. She waited for a minute but on not getting any response, she kept quiet as well. Her eyes scrolled on her surrounding, darkness was engulfing them. She could hardly get a view of Harshad beside her. The moon was hidden behind the clouds, indicating that maybe they would be offered rain. The cold winds blowing around them were making Kiara shiver. She wrapped her arms around her upper arms, rubbing them to warm herself. She loved the winter season but her sensitive body wasn't fond of it.

"I am not going to offer you my jacket," Harshad said making Kiara glance at him with a knitted brow. "I had watched many typical Bollywood films and I am not a fan of it."

"I haven't asked you for your jacket," Kiara groaned back.

"Yes, but you are shivering in cold and must be expecting me to offer you my jacket. I am not going to do it because that will result in me catching a cold the next day and I don't desire to spoil my health due to you."

"I haven't even asked for it!" Kiara was fuming in rage, "so simply shut your mouth. You don't need to announce out loud about your selfish heart." Kiara averted her gaze from him, concentrating on the surrounding. She wanted to calm herself down.