Chapter 9

JIMMY

"So, you didn't tell your brother that you're about to visit him?"

Net said as he poured coffee in my cup and sat on the couch in front of me. But I shake my head as an answer no.

"I just came here to look at the site near the area for a day, and also to visit this shop too. It's been a long year since I came here."

"Hmm~ yeah about almost 3 years right? Even I, It's been a long time that's why I decided to manage this and help dad."

"Since when did you come home?"

"Not long ago but like five months? I guess?"

I nod in his answer as he take a sip in his coffee.

"Did you tell him too that you are already here?" I asked.

"Actually not yet. Though his university is just near here. I don't have the chance to ask him out yet. And seems he's busy with his academics, so i won't bother him."

"Yeah, as far as i know he's still doing his research project. That's why i didn't tell him I'm here now. And actually I have to go back later on so i can't see him."

He just nod. We talk about random things we missed and catch up. Few minutes passed by and he decided to go down to his cafe to look at the area and roam around.

"Everything seemed manage well huh? This is way peaceful and warm than the last time I saw this place."

"Yep, Dad didn't want to change things but just added beautiful things to make it pleasing."

He stand in the corner of the bar and my eyes are just busy roaming around when someone enter the shop. Tall, white fair skin and dark brown hair. He probably one of Net's employee since he wear his apron as soon as he enter the shop and greeted by his co-workers. I was about to tell Net that I'll be going to leave now when I see how he look at the guy.

I've been his best friend since childhood and I can tell this is how he look to things he find attractive and he's interested in. His eyes followed the guys movement as the guy passed at us and climb to second floor where the rooms for employees, living room and his office located.

"Net I'll get g-"

"Hold on a second Jim, I'll be back, please look for the cash reg for me."

"Hey-"

I didn't get the chance to finish what I'm going to say because he immediately pulled me to stand on the cashier register and run to the stairs. I can sense he followed the guy. All I could do is to sigh and just stand there.

"Net, net, net. You never change."

I said to myself. Luckily, it is in the afternoon and only few customers are in the area and no one approaching to enter the store. The other crew are inside the kitchen doing I don't know.

I saw a chair next to the corner and sat. I put out my phone and earphone and started scrolling and just browsing the social media while listening to music

It's just a few minutes and since I've been busy on my phone, I didn't notice the not so small guy standing in front of the bar.

"Excuse me? Hey, excuse me!?! Mister!?!"

When I was busy with my phone a small tissue paper landed on my screen that made me look to where it came from.

What is wrong with this guy!?!