Chapter 12

***tw/cw : mention of dead, slightly physical abuse & trauma, illness, stealing and cheating***

"Good morning Sir. Your breakfast is ready on the dining table"

One of the maids said as I walked down the stairs, fixing the coat of my uniform. I nod at her and smile before I walk towards the dining area to sit and start eating.

We don't have that many house helpers but at least there are still single people that can stay with me throughout the time, possibly every single day.

After my mom passed away a year ago, she left me with the helpers. She actually wants her sister to stay with me here while she's in the hospital, taking her therapies and medications but good thing we discover that her sister only wants her money. The helpers found out what happened to me every time I was left with that lady when I was young.

Don't worry, I'm not being abused or hurt physically by my aunt and her husband but I still experience those cold nights outside our own home, getting less food and coming to school with nothing inside my pocket, even my tummy is empty. They will just give me food less than I usually eat, it's actually like a few tiny bite size things and no more. Good thing I met Nunu back then and helped me a lot then Yim came too. Both of them make my worst days the best and I'm always thankful for meeting them and having them since then and now.

After my mom knew everything that I had been through, she cut her connections with her sister. My mom loves her so much but the odd one never saw her as her real sister, it's because my mom is adopted by her family and her life has become miserable because of that family ever since her sister came. But my mom just does things she can to raise herself and get everything we have now. She's the toughest person I have ever known. That's why I'm so proud of her and that's why I stand firm and tough before and after she left me.

You must be thinking why am i only talking about my mom and not my-

My dad-

It's because-

*Kriiiing kriiiing*

The telephone ring and that made me look at it that was placed not so far from the side door of the dining area. One of our helpers walked towards it and picked up the call.

"Yes, Hello? Uareksit Residence, Who's this? OH- S- Okay. Yes sir, he's here. Okay sir. I'll give him the phone."

I look at her with a confused look.

"Sir, he wants to talk to you."

"Is it--"

The maid didn't answer anymore but just gave ne the phone and left.

I sigh deeply before answering.

"Hello?"

"Finally, Nat! You answered. I've been calling your phone but you never answer. How are you son?"

"I'm not-- I'm not your son anymore "

"Nat, do we need to argue about this again?"

"I don't want to. And i don't want to talk to you. Can you just leave me alone!"

"I can't after your mom died--"

"After she died what? What now? You never came. Even look for her inside the emergency room you never do. You never care-"

"That's not true."