12

This is my little gift for you ;)

Since Hazal showed her her new workplace, he has paid her daily visits. When she was approaching his table, he supported her while talking to her.

He gladly paid her more than he should just to give her more money, and she couldn't just return the money since he would justify it as a tip for her. So she stopped opposing it and simply accepted it without asking.

He ultimately became the café's most famous customer. Every employee knew who he was. They constantly smiled at him, and he even became friends with several of them.

Then she arrived.

Instead of Hazal, a lovely girl once asked him what he wanted to order.

That day was hectic, and Hazal didn't have time to serve him, so she came. She was courteous and had a stunningly gorgeous smile on her face.

She was the most stunning girl he had ever seen in his life.

He ordered the same things he had before, as he normally did.

He once questioned Hazal about the girl. Hazal turned to face Ekim and laughed at her cousin's inquiry.

"That's Ekim. She spent a year in London, where she stayed with her father. She is now back in Istanbul."

That explained why he hadn't seen her in past a year.

"Does she still attend school?" He inquired of Hazal, who had crossed her arms.

"What's the problem, Kanat Bey? Did you fall in love at first sight?"

Kanat did not respond. He simply observed the beauty while she scribbled down what others had ordered.

"For the past three years, she has been a scholarship student at our school. I just never introduced her to you since you have a habit of flirting with every girl who walks by."

Hazal intended to leave, but before she turned to face him and pointed an index finger at him.

"Don't go near her," She warned.

Hazal had completely forgotten how her cousin could be. He just did what he wanted, which meant he was going to win Ekim over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi." He walked up to the counter, where Ekim was cleaning the dishes.

"Oh, hi. Kanat, right?"

He smiled at her, despite the fact that he was annoyed that she didn't recall his name.

"Yes." She hurriedly put on her yellow gloves and pulled her hair out of the line of her eyesight.

"How may I help you?" She inquired of him. Kanat thought it was strange how the girl acted. Usually, any girl would try to flirt with him. She, however, kept her distance and handled him like a client.

"I'd want to ask you if you'd like to go out with me."

Ekim smiled, but it appeared to be a hesitant one. Her lips were pushed together softly.

"Sorry, but I can't. I don't go on dates with rich boys." She apologised before putting on the gloves and going about her business.

"What?" Kanat did not anticipate being denied, particularly for this reason. Poor girls have always desired a wealthy boyfriend. It was something they all desired but only fantasised about.

"Why?"

Ekim washed the plate into the sink. Her grin grew more forced than before, which Kanat found exceedingly unusual.