14

Hi guys!

Happy New Year!

This is my gift for you for the new years eve. May the next year be better for you than this one.

Enjoy ;)

Ekim was fatigued by Leyla's constant talking about that school, Gerçek Koleji.

She'd had enough. She heard her best friend's gossiping about that school every day, every minute, and even every second whenever she was around her.

It was like the CD Player had broken and was playing the same song endlessly.

Furthermore, she seemed dissatisfied with the school to which they attended with their closest friends.

Bekir even remarked how annoyed he was while Leyla was talking about that school.

They were all aware that attending that school would provide them with excellent chances in the future, but that school only accepted elite students.

Someone once tried to persuade Ekim to attend such school, but she rejected, claiming that it was unneeded and dumb.

She liked her life the way it was and didn't want to change it.

The girls ate breakfast at Ekim's house, as they normally did. They always ate on the rooftop when the weather was nice.

Leyla was singing along to a song dedicated to her. She danced joyfully and even persuaded Ekim to join her. Both were dancing to the beat of the music.

Ekim was also utilising her shoulders and hands to dance, as she always did. Leyla had always admired how well her best friend could move her hands. She did it so sweetly that Leyla assumed Ekim had been a Sultan's wife in a previous life.

It made sense given how high she always raised her head and refused to let anyone bend her head. She was the definition of the word pride.

Leyla continued to sing while Ekim moved her hand and observed that it was time for school.

"Leyla, we have to go." She immediately walked to the phone and turned off the music, causing her closest friend to pout.

"You're no fun," Leyla said as she hung her bag over her shoulder.

"I am, but not when it comes to education." Ekim responded to her friend's remark. Ekim spotted something as both girls were walking down the stoned stairs.

"What's that, Leyla?" She inquired, pointing to the initials of Gerçek Koleji.

"You like it? It was given to me by a friend." Before receiving a phone message, Leyla cheerfully answered. The girl took it out, and a large smile appeared on her face.

"Who's that?" Ekim inquired as to when she first observed the smile. She was the only one who recognised that smile. When Leyla talked to someone she liked, or in this case, someone she texted, she always smiled like that.

"Nobody."

The brunette didn't let go of Leyla's protective denial. She took the phone and started running away with it.

"Off, Ekim, ya." Leyla yelled as she chased after her friend who was trying to meddle in her personal life.

Then something occurred.

Ekim smiled and grinned at Leyla while holding her phone, when a vehicle appeared out of nowhere and hit her best friend.

Her thinking became fuzzy at that point.