4.3

Kanat's birthday was approaching, which made Ekim nervous. Because it was not only Kanat's birthday, but it was also the day she confessed to him and the day they started dating. She was quite worried at the time since she had only confessed her feelings because Ozan had assured her that Kanat felt the same way.

However, Ozan enjoyed playing pranks on her at the time, so she wasn't sure whether he was speaking the truth, but she collected all her courage and told him that she liked him.

Yeah, it was like a birthday gift from God himself for Kanat since he couldn't believe what the girl he grew up with told him.

"Ekim, he will love everything you give him." Melisa reassured her sister, who was surfing Amazon as if her life depended on it.

The sisters were on the living room couch with their brother, watching a film, while Ekim had the brilliant idea to use that time to get something for her boyfriend.

"No, laptops, sister." Ali stated as he attempted to shut down the laptop, which Ekim swiftly prevented.

"I can't give him anything like I did last year."

"I don't think last year was insignificant, Ekim. It was a major turning point in your relationship."

Ekim flung a pillow at her sister for making the remark. Why couldn't she simply keep her mouth shut for once?

"You are aware that a child is present, right?" Ekim inquired, attempting to cool herself down so she wouldn't blush at the thought.

"As though he understood what I was saying." Melisa shot back and proceeded to watch the movie.

Ekim put the laptop aside this time and watched the movie she had already seen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the big day. Kanat's birthday and their anniversary. Ekim nervously brushed her hair for the thousandth time. She wasn't sure whether Kanat would love her present.

"Stop it right now."

Melisa took the brush and placed it on Ekim's nightstand.

"We're leaving."

Ekim didn't have time to defend herself since she was pulled to the car and driven so quickly to her boyfriend's house that she could swear a time machine was involved.

Melisa then pulled her out again.

When Ekim felt worried, it was always like this. Melisa just grabbed her by the hand and guided her to where she needed to go. It was occasionally cool, but mostly frustrating.

"Beautiful." Ekim turned around to view her boyfriend, who was wearing a big gentle smile on his face. She approached him and hugged him before kissing him.

"Happy birthday, Kanat." She congratulated before kissing him again.

"Hey, please no PDA." Aziz yelled as soon as he had seen the couple from the terrace.

Since the arrest, Aziz had gotten help to treat the mental health issues brought on by the beatings. He was gradually improving, and some of the improvements were beginning to appear.

"Hello, Aziz." As a welcome, Ekim screamed so he could hear her.

"My future sister-in-law. Stop giving me nightmares of you two kissing."

Ekim rolled her eyes at his remark and walked into Kanat's house with him hand in hand.

The day was an incredible beautiful day that was graved into everyone's memories for the rest of their life.